Pain right side about where you would get the pains for an appendix attack

lamosus
on 12/18/12 10:38 am - Boise , ID

I am 21 months out from my DS and was at the mall shopping with family when the sharp pain****

Sharp pains went away in 3 or four hours, but dull pain is still there.

Went to regular doc and was assured it is not appendix.

Anybody have an idea what it might be.

right now 4 days out I am only felling a heaviness in the area.

Some one help me out with this.

Thanks

Sumundo311
on 12/18/12 12:07 pm - Saskatoon, Canada

I have had that problem for years, I think it has to do with something I've eaten, not sure what, it comes and goes. lasts hours then tender then gone for days, weeks and months, you never know. So I am not much help but I do get it to, I thought maybe the mesh I had put in but Dr. says  it is not. So I would love to find out if others get it to, I thought it was just me.

JazzyOne9254
on 12/19/12 5:15 am, edited 12/19/12 5:16 am

Did your surgeon also remove your appendix?  My surgeon removes both the gallbladder and appendix, to decrease the chance for abdominal surgery in the future, at least, for those reasons.  I had a history of gallstones, so I'm glad it's gone.  I have never felt any pain worse than gallstones passing!  And that happened when I was in my 20's!

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

Valerie G.
on 12/18/12 8:17 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Do you still have a gallbladder? ( I'm not sure if its on the same side of the appendix)

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Huneypie
on 12/19/12 2:57 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Mine both came out via the same hole so I'd say that's a yes to them both being in the same place

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Sumundo311
on 12/19/12 12:54 am - Saskatoon, Canada

no gall bladder for me, they took it out when I had my surgery.

lamosus
on 12/19/12 11:42 am - Boise , ID

Thanks  all, My doc does not believe in taking what is not bad so he left gall bladder and appendix. 6 months after my DS I had the gall bladder removed . Went from pretty pink to grey scarred and ugly, LOL.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1053 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1216 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 506 views