Gluten Free

ashleamarcelle
on 2/12/13 11:07 am - TX
does anyone know the advantages of a gluten free diet?

Ashlea Marcelle PawsRanchRescue.org                                                                                    Saving one dog will not change the world, but it will change the world for that dog. unknown

MsBatt
on 2/12/13 12:12 pm

The more I read about gluten, the more I'm convinced it's just not good for anyone. But keep in mind---just because something is gluten free doesn't mean it's carb-free.

linda1814
on 2/12/13 12:51 pm

Are you sensitive to gluten?  That's the only reason why anyone would need to follow a gluten free diet.  If I eat gluten (bread, pasta, anything contain flour such as soy sauces, and so many MANY more foods - especially highly processed foods), then my abdomen swells until it becomes painful, I get bloating in my face, stomach pain, horrendous gas, etc.  People with RA may also find a gluten free diet helpful since it is thought to cut down on inflammation.  But if gluten doesn't bother you, there is no reason to follow a gluten free diet.  Gluten free does not equal low carb.

My Macronutrient Breakdown

Daily Average for the Last 30 Days

Like this widget? Get your own at ObesityHelp.com

celticfaery
on 2/13/13 3:35 am - Walker, LA
DS on 10/11/12

OMG...  after the DS, I became gluten intolerant!  THANK THE GODS!  All foods containing gluten are my kryptonite and I need the negative reinforcement to keep me away from them.  I get HORRIBLE gas pains and ridiculously stinky gas when I eat foods containing gluten.  For my family's sake and my own sanity, I MUST stay away from them.  But this works to my benefit and the benefit of my weight loss.  These are slider foods for me and empty calories with no nutritional value.  They only satisfy that primal urge to snack on the unhealthy.  So, I eat no gluten!

But like others mentioned, gluten free products are still full of carbs and carbs generally give me gas...  so I really limit what I do eat if I indulge in something gluten free. 

Sleeved 6/2007 - Switched 10/2012 

beemerbeeper
on 2/13/13 4:39 am - AL

It gives me HORRIFIC gas.  I"ve been gluten free since surgery.  Suits me as it keeps me from eating crap loaded with carbs. PS it hides everywhere so you have to read labels.

~Becky

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1051 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1212 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 502 views