2nd week diet

M. Walker
on 3/5/13 7:34 am
DS on 02/12/13
What were you eating your second week out? I know I have not eaten right. Just can't do the broth and stuff. Making me nautious just think of the same old same old stuff. I did this with the sleeve. Seems like my nutritionist is not very up with it for the DS. She basically delved out the bypass and sleeve diets. Just curious.

Valerie G.
on 3/5/13 8:18 am, edited 3/5/13 8:19 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Nutritionists don't know squat about DS needs - so aside from a precious few, they are relatively useless.  If Dr. Boyce hasn't given you a suggested diet, then I would suggest trying soft and tender foods to see how they sit with you.  Some docs are more conservative than others, but I was eating soft food before I even left the hospital.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

M. Walker
on 3/5/13 8:28 am
DS on 02/12/13
Soft food like cottage cheese, yogurt? What else? I had my DS on 2/14 ,but then my sleeve of 2 years ago had a leak. They stunted it and then removed it after the scans shows no more leak. I got out of hospital last thurs and will have my follow up on Friday. Thanks so much for all your advice. I have always loved reading your responses. I know I can do this, just really scared and really weak right now. Glad I did it, but let me tell you that pain from the leak is nothing I wanton my worst enemy.

allegedlylisa
on 3/5/13 9:50 am

I was able to eat eggs with cheese, lunch meats, cottage cheese, yogurt, really soupy oatmeal.  Crackers worked really well for me (even though I know carbs aren't great, but it helped in getting down some of the cottage cheese and lunch meat - and I was glad to be able to get anything in.  I also would take one of the single servings of peanut butter and mash up some banana in it, or banana baby food.  Pudding with protein powder is good.  Hope some of that helps.

Lisa

beemerbeeper
on 3/5/13 12:31 pm - AL

They removed your sleeve?  I'm not understanding what happened to you surgically.  I understand you had a leak...horrible to go through but it sounds like yours is resolved?

Second week I was eating almost nothing.  Working hard (and failing) to say hydrated.  Sip sip sip.  Flavored water, diet jello, protein drinks (gag), melted cheese off the top of chili, a little broth.

It gets better!!!

~Becky

M. Walker
on 3/5/13 6:41 pm
DS on 02/12/13
Ha, your funny. No they removed the stint.

M. Walker
on 3/5/13 6:42 pm
DS on 02/12/13
Thanks for info. though.

PSaadallah
on 3/5/13 8:38 pm - Arlington, TX
DS on 12/15/12

Two weeks out I was still doing liquid only - protein shakes and soups.  But if you want to try soft foods, try mixing some baby food (the pureed kind like turkey, beef or chicken) with a little mashed potato.  I actually did some foods like tuna or chicken salad and put it in a blender to make it smoother.  I know what a big relief it is to be able to eat something with flavor!  Go slowly, though, until you know you can tolerate it.

M. Walker
on 3/5/13 9:50 pm
DS on 02/12/13
With having the sleeve 2 years ago, I would think I could tolerate most anything within reason. I can drink without filling up, not like when I first had the sleeve. I got dehydrated after the sleeve because I could did not get in enough liquid. I would not want to eat like before the surgery, but think that soft foods would be fine. I think I might try some tomorrow or tonight. My stomach is making horrible sounds. Empty sounds and when I go to the bathroom just a little squirt (sorry so graphic). Also, I am an extreme non-protein drink person. Can't get it in at all. I know really bad, but just can't. Just the thought makes me nautious.

Lori59
on 3/6/13 12:01 pm

Can one avoid the pureed baby food meats, the thought gives me the willies and I have not had the surgery yet!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 677 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1005 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 338 views