bad back pain

jzwife
on 4/2/13 11:10 am

I was feeling pretty good- no pain meds or anything . Last night I started having pains on my left side behind my stomach in my back and a little pain in the front. I am wondering if it could be something that I tried to eat. I have been on full liquids for 10 days now and tried adding custard to my diet. Is it possible its just to hard to break down and my stomach is too new- not healed enough for something that heavy or maybe something else?

Sharon   

fattynNC
on 4/2/13 1:04 pm
DS on 08/28/12

I had really, really bad stabbing back pains that radiated to my front.  I couldn't tell if it was coming from the front or the back really.  This was in the first week after surgery and I think I finally went to the ER at about 8 days post op.  Turns out that I had a partially collapsed lung from my long surgery.  I had to use the little breathing machine I got at the hospital once per hour for about 12 hours until my lung reinflated.

jzwife
on 4/3/13 1:26 pm

I am wondering if that is what I might have. I have one of those little breathing machines. I guess I should be using it more. iwill see if it makes a difference. I did mention it to the doc today.

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 4/2/13 1:57 pm

I've had similar, and it was kidney stones (that's practically a swear word around here, as it's pretty common post-WLS). I've had them for my entire adult life, but many here only have thier first after WLS.

You need to contact your surgeon, and have a doctor sort it out. It may be nothing, but you want them on top of it if it is something.

hollykim
on 4/3/13 4:31 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

are you getting 64+ oz of liquid besides your full liquids? I was having same kind of pain about 3 wks post op,went to PCP and she tested my urine for a UTI. It was negative but did show I was dehydrated. Had to really up the fluids to get the pain to go away.

apparently,think concentrated urine can cause pain as it passes thru the ureters...yet another reason to get those fluids in! GL

Jaiart
on 4/5/13 1:08 am - MI
"Bad" back pain... Is there "Good" back pain? Lol,😝

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 975 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1168 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 433 views