Don't want to start a poo-poo storm, but where in the heck is Dr Husted???!!

ladydi1970
on 4/2/13 11:08 pm, edited 4/3/13 6:35 am - GA

He's not listed on the Cross...(.or is is Crown) website in CA anymore.

I've Googled him till I'm blue in the face!

I got my labs back (I'll post results once I get them in the mail).  They told me all I need is a multi-vit and iron.  Iron is supposed to be 55 to 1...something.  Mine is 35.  So it's quite low.  No wonder I feel like dookie all the time!

Anyway, I know Dr. Husted is a taboo subject around here.  But I can't help it.... my surgery is a huge success and I love him.  I just wish he'd settle down.

I have no surgical issued, just trying to find him!

Diana   DS Revision from '99 RNY 
UHC Denied Jan'09/APPROVED Feb'09 
DS-SW287; CW/190 GW/152

beemerbeeper
on 4/3/13 3:50 am - AL

Not trying to start anything but why do you need him?  I know where my surgeon is but it doesn't matter.  He can't help me properly with labs anyway.  I use the lab list that VitaLady recommends and I get the vets here to help me tweak my labs when I get them done.  So I don't know why anyone needs a surgeon unless they are having surgical complications.

~Becky

ladydi1970
on 4/3/13 3:59 am - GA
Zee Starrlite
on 4/3/13 5:28 am

Becky do you know if Michele "VitaLady"  has a lab list for VSG?  Although I've had my internist for close to 2 decades the office is nuts from a tremendous overgrowth and dealing with them can give you a heart attack (so many staff and they are just bodies with empty heads).  I've got to come up with what I need so I have no problems.

I've consulted with VitaLady extensively in the past (Band then) but she's got a lot going on and I don't want to bother her.  Wish I could consult with someone who is interested.   I have huge iron issues, D deficiency,  and an autoimmune disease that is comparable to RA torturous but without lasting joint damage.  Last time I posted on the VSG forum and got no advise.  There used to be some vets who knew their labs and used private/independent laboratories for their blood work.   I will look there too.  Been avoiding my check up.  I do take my vites although do iron in streaks because I kind of think my body gets arthritic flares from it???  poor excuse I have always hated iron supplements, ALWAYS.  It feels like such a task to take it at the right time.  Should be at night with C but often I dread it in streaks and use it in streaks.

Any advise?  Thanks :)

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

MajorMom
on 4/3/13 8:09 am - VA

Here's a link to Vitalady's VSG and band vitamin schedule. Go by your labs but you can start here. http://www.gblcreations.com/Resources/Gina/ProgramAGB&VSG2-2 010.pdf

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Zee Starrlite
on 4/3/13 12:03 pm

Thank you very much Gina

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

MsBatt
on 4/3/13 7:52 am

Dr. Husted's then-partner was my surgeon, back in '03 when he was in Nashville. Six months after my surgery, his partner retired---and my PCP has handled my labs since. For a couple of years, I was having copies of my labs faxed to Dr. Husted, but even when I had some lows I never heard a peep out of him.

I've listened to folks here and at other DS sites, and I've educated myself about what my needs are. (I've also educated my PCP about them. Having a good, willing-to-listen PCP is WONDERFUL!) I haven't spoken with a DS surgeon in more than 8 years, and it's all good.

And I have no clue where Dr. Husted is now.

Grammo
on 4/24/13 4:33 am - Nashville, TN

PM me

Grammo!
(Ticker includes 11.5 pounds lost on the two week pre-op liquid diet.)

High Weight (09-99) 294 DS Consult Weight (06-09)283 
                  Surgery Weight (8-11-09) 271.5 Goal Weight 130
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1020 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1187 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 477 views