please help

staysstay
on 4/27/13 10:29 pm - IN
I am 2 weeks out from surgery and I am curious to what foods I can eat. So far I have had soup, cottage cheese, and mash potato. No real gas and I have only poo once but almost feel like I didn't have surgery besides the incisions are proof.
MajorMom
on 4/27/13 10:37 pm - VA

I think at 2 weeks out I started experimenting with soft poached egg, Wendy's chili, egg drop soup, Taco Bell cheesy refried beans, shrimp ****tail, Laughing Cow Babybel cheese... 

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

lamby80
on 4/28/13 10:54 am, edited 4/28/13 10:56 am
DS on 04/10/13

Hi!

I'm about on the same timeline as you.  Currently I eat tuna fish with rice and a bit of Vegenaise, cottage cheese, yogurt, kefir, eggs (scrambled or hard boiled), applesauce, peanut butter, saltines, Diet Snapple Tea, G2 (Gatorade), Diet VitaminWater, Muscle Milk ... and I'm going to try some quinoa with beans tonight, perhaps with a couple of bites of white fish filet.

I'm pretty sure the rule is mild, protein-rich foods.  Nothing spicy or horribly fatty, nothing fried, no intense condiments.  If it's mild and you feel like your tummy can handle it, try it. :)

Irishnurse
on 4/29/13 2:31 am, edited 4/29/13 2:32 am
DS on 04/17/13

Any soft foods...foods you can squish with a fork. I am almost two weeks out. So far I am eating....

Vegatable beef soup, Beef stew, Mashed taters with gravy or butter, Tuna and egg salad with mayo and mustard, soft cheeses,

cottage cheese and canned pears, scrambled and boiled eggs, canned green beans, canned carrots, pintos and cheese from taco bell and egg drop soup. 

You should be pooping quite a bit more than just once in a 2 weeks? Or is that per day? unless you are not getting your liquids and protein shakes in? I am up to around 54-64 ounces of fluids a day and 80-100 grams of protein plus my supplements. I refuse to go to the hospital for IV transfusions. There is so many things you can drink there is no reason to get dehydrated. I was pooping 4-5 times a day while on full liquids and now down to 2-3 times a day on soft foods. 

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

Huneypie
on 4/29/13 4:45 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Shrimp and cod were good for the mushy stage. I started on chili when I was about a month out.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Valerie G.
on 4/30/13 5:45 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Experiment with soft and moist foods...slow cooked meats, all things gooey, plenty of sauce, gravy and butter.  Try saving all your stomach space for something rich in protein.  Ricotta cheese is wonderful for this.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 978 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1169 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 439 views