Another vitamin question

BizzyBee
on 5/6/13 9:22 am - Cleveland, OH

I have used the multi vit, CA with ADEK and CA with MG, probiotics and gas pills from Pro Cap Labs, they are sold in HSN from Andrew Lessman.  And post VSG they have been fine.  I know I need toup  the dosage post VSG.  Need to get RX for Iron from MD.  Gving  myself shots of  B12 monthly.

The  pro caps are all filler and color free, fine powder in a gelatin cap and have been easy on my digestion.

Any thought?

R. Parton
on 5/6/13 12:44 am - TN
My local grocery store has vitamins Buy 1 Get 1. Which should I buy from there instead of Vitalady? I know that ADEK I should get from her. But I'm not for sure about the others.
divamc
on 5/6/13 4:20 am - Riverview, FL

FYI, grocery store/ drug store vitamins are notorious for being full of "fillers" and having been sitting on a shelf somewhere for God knows how long. I was looking on my bariatric pantry and found they have good prices on vitamins. I don't think the average vitamin would be comparable to vitamins made with the specific needs of bariatric patients in mind. IMHO

airbender
on 5/6/13 6:09 am

not sure what you are going to take but be careful and read labels to make sure the composition is what you need.....you can get your ca citrate, multivitamin, zinc, copper, boron, strontinum, silica,  vitb12, mag, b vitamins

dry e, and biotech vd-50K from amazon, for iron ask your dr to RX proferrin forte, it is hard to find dry K......

JazzyOne9254
on 5/6/13 9:16 am

Early out, I found it was a waste of time and money to buy vitamins anywhere but a *locally-run* health food store, not Vitamin Shoppe, not Whole Foods Market, though they do have a lot of the stuff we need. Like any other store, what they carry depends on  the demand there is for that particular product. There are only 3 DSers (to our knowledge) in town,  and though we could pester the heck out of them, I don't think we could create enough demand to get shelf space, so it would be "special order" from brick and mortar stores here.

The only vites/minerals I get from Wally World are the "Centrum-type" complete multis and the Calcium Citrate with D.  Everything else, I get from the web through Vitalady, eBay, or other supplement websites.  I really "cherry pick" from several websites, especially when it comes to Calcium, as either the powder or the capsules work best for me, and not everybody has those. I keep the Wally World (Equate brand) Calcium on hand as emergency backup.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 534 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 931 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 2 replies · 309 views