Strawberries my downfall

leanmama
on 5/30/13 12:50 pm - St Louis , MO
DS on 03/26/13

White carbs no problems staying away. but fruit and the seasonal ones, I succumb to having them in my greek yougurt.  Are their better choices in fruits?  Got the lower carb veggies down but fruit?? I love it.  Been sucking lemons in my ice tea today for my fruit fix.  Just a thought and a question for DS esp newer ones on the loosing track. 

PattyL
on 5/30/13 5:27 pm

The lowest carb fruits are generally melons and berries.  But sugar is sugar and carbs are carbs.  Best not to eat it till you reach goal.

MajorMom
on 5/30/13 7:26 pm - VA

Strawberries are one of the best low-ish carb fruits. Not a thing wrong with 1 or 2 in a protein shake but best to control them for a few more months. Time to freeze most of this year's crop....or figure out a way to send the to me. kiss

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

jashley
on 5/31/13 4:05 am
DS on 12/19/12

I totally understand.  Last week I spent days eating my way through a huge box of them.  Dang, they were good.  But I ended up eating them in everything to get rid of them, so I'm done eating strawberries for a while.  I didn't even think about the carbs I was sucking down all week.....

Glad they come around only once a year. 

BrienneofTarth
on 5/31/13 10:51 pm - IL
DS on 03/26/13

Luckily, 1/2 cup of strawberries only has 6 carbs.  

I'm thinking a chocolate covered strawberry has a bit more than that.  Boo...   ;-)

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 789 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1068 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 352 views