How many vitamins with ds?

Laguerita13
on 6/9/13 8:54 am - Morristown, TN
Can someone tell me roughly what their day to day vitamin regimen is?? how many pills , what kinds , and total monthly cost??? Thankyou!
sonyamarie75
on 6/9/13 10:42 am - OH
RNY on 08/20/13 with

Not to hijack your post but I have some questions about this too....

How soon after surgery did you start them?>

For those of you who use vitalady- did you Dr tell you what to take? Did you decide on your own to do vitalady? What has your experience been with vitalady?

Laguerita13- thanks for letting me add my questions on to yours!

Sonya B, Toledo, Ohio- RNY  08/20/13  

MajorMom
on 6/9/13 10:46 am - VA

I go with Vitalady and have tweaked things according to my labs. www.vitalady.com

I tried my surgeon's plan of 12 Vita4Life plus calcium and the wrong D and other stuff, and we jus****ched my labs trend down. He approved Vitalady's plan for me when I was 9 months post-op.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Laguerita13
on 6/9/13 11:38 am - Morristown, TN
No prob sonya! Lol
Irishnurse
on 6/9/13 2:30 pm
DS on 04/17/13

I started 8 days after surgery. When I get my first labs in another month I will prolly have to tweak what I am on. I will more than likely go with vitalady at some point. 

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

Eadlergang
on 6/9/13 9:49 pm - Scottsburg , IN
I'm "supposed" to do 4 ADEK multi vitamins, 1 B12 lozenge, 1 iron lozenge, 3 calcium lozenges. I can't choke all those down so I just do what I can. I just had my first round of bloodwork done and go for results on the 17th. I don't expect good news
clpeltz
on 6/9/13 10:07 pm

Oh dear....you better get on board or you are going to be in a world of hurt.  First you need to ditch the ADEK multis...they do not have enough of what we need.  Take dry A, dry D3, dry E and dry K1 seperately from one another.  And make sure that calcium is calcium CITRATE.

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

southernlady5464
on 6/9/13 10:42 pm

I agree with Patti...ditch the ADEK...

You can't adjust individual labs based on that. I am high normal A & E and was in the tank with D & K...so IF I had done the ADEK, I still would be very low on D & K and WAY OVER on A & E.

I do not take any extra A & E BASED on my labs...but needed 100,000 of the dry D3 and extra K.

And getting it from Vitalady is your best bet...she has the amounts and TYPE we need.

http://www.gblcreations.com/Resources/Gina/VitaladysPre-op_i deas_11-2009.doc

http://www.gblcreations.com/Resources/Gina/VitaLadysLabsandT argets_11-2009.doc

http://www.gblcreations.com/Resources/Gina/ProgramDRNY_ERNY_ BPDDS3-2010.pdf

http://www.gblcreations.com/Resources/Gina/ProgramChewable2- 2010.pdf

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

JerseyHouseWife
on 6/10/13 12:36 am - NJ

I ordered the post op vitamin kit from Vitalady. I started taking them 2 weeks after surgery, which was 3 weeks ago. The problem is that there are 31 pills a day in the kit. I just can't get them all in. My doctor told me to begin small by at least taking multi vitamins and slowly increase my intake from there. He approves of vitalady if that's what I want to do, but he recommends a different regimen on 18 vitamins. It's all so confusing.

jashley
on 6/10/13 2:06 am
DS on 12/19/12

I ordered the Vitalady pre-packaged vitamins for when I got home from the hospital.  Not only could I not do all those pills per day, there was a pill in every batch that made me sick to my stomach.

I started taking Centrum Multi vits, 3 or 4 a day at 1 month.  I went through each Vitalady batch of pills and found the ones making me sick.  I tossed them.  I took what pills I could get down, but not consistently. 

After I got the 3rd month labs, I could see where I was too high, and too low.   The hard part for me was being consistent, and to keep notes on how much of each I was taking and on what days I was supposed to take them.  There is no way to know how much to increase a supplement if you are all over the map on taking these pills.

I just took my 6 month labs, and can see trends now.  I will be tweaking them again to correct the downward trends, and dropping back on one vitamin because I'm too high. 

As you start managing each vitamin on it's own, buying all the vits in a pre-made package isn't necessarily the best way to do this.  But if you are some what clueless about what vitamins you need and how the labs work,  then stick with the Vitalady web site and follow her lists till you get the hang of it. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 975 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1168 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 432 views