WARNING!

S Andrews
on 6/20/13 11:21 am - eatonville, WA

I know this is off topic of weightloss surgery but wanted to give a little warning here. Today I received a phone call from Best Buy asking me if I had made a purchase from them within the past 24 hours. I said "no". They then informed me that someone had made purchase at 2 AM in the morning using my debit card information for $750 and had it shipped to their address. The scarey part is that I still have the card in my possession. Somehow someone managed to get my information from my card without me losing it. The fraud hotline told me that there are devices out there that can scan your information from inside your pocket, they can get it from gas stations, they can get it from looking over your shoulder or copy it when you use it at a restaurant or fast food place. Please be careful  how you use your card and protect yourself. 

dustycroy
on 6/20/13 11:43 am
DS on 05/14/13

I know that they now make special wallets, I think they are hard cover that you can put your cards in that make it so they cant steal the information off the card.  Im going to finally break down and check into this... thanks

enlightened HW 372 SW 350 CW 185 GW 150 Lost 187 so far....

JazzyOne9254
on 6/20/13 12:21 pm

Yes..I have one of those wallets..It's made of a metallic substance, perhaps aluminum,and protects your cards from scanner theft.

There are scanners that theives use that can get your card information as they walk past you!

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

jashley
on 6/20/13 3:04 pm
DS on 12/19/12

I bought every person on my X-mas list one of the metal wallets for their cards and ID.

Also, don't use a debit card for anything that you swipe.  Use a credit card.  If someone uses it, you are not responsible for the loss.  If someone uses your debit card - the money is gone and the banks can give you a really hard time about putting that money back into your account.

I have a debit card I use for Costco.  It is linked to it's own account and has 300 dollars available at any given time.  I don't carry it with me - I use it at Costco because Costco won't take credit cards.  But if they get the info and use it, they are not going to get much off of it. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1017 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1185 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 476 views