Ricotta Fluff Ice Cream

PSaadallah
on 7/24/13 10:34 am - Arlington, TX
DS on 12/15/12

This week I've been experimenting with Val's Ricotta Fluff, and I've also been trying out some low carb ice cream recipes.  So today I decided to combine the two and had wonderful results.  I made Val's recipe (below) with chocolate pudding mix, beating it in my stand mixer for several minutes to get it very smooth.  Then I added two cups heavy cream and put it in my ice cream maker.  Wonderfully creamy and delicious - just right for a very hot day when our air conditioning is not working!

Note:  I have a small, 2-quart ice cream freezer, so I don't know how this would work in the larger freezers.  Maybe you would need to double the recipe.

Here's a re-print of Val's Ricotta Fluff recipe (thanks again Val!):

1 large container of ricotta cheese
1 box  SF jello instant cheesecake pudding
dollop or two of sour cream (to taste)
A little bit of milk to lighten it up (about a cup-add last and gradually)

Mix it all up and enjoy however you want it.  I love it with strawberries!  It's a great fruit dip or just eating straight out of the bowl. 

Variation for fluff:  Do whatever flavor of pudding you like and add a little milk to get the texture you like.

Warning:  Walmart's ricotta is very grainy in texture and never mixes to anything smooth and creamy.  Tasty, but strange.

Valerie G.
on 8/3/13 4:08 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

OOOOOOOO

I have to find my ice cream tub to put in the freezer to try this!

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

PSaadallah
on 8/3/13 9:07 am - Arlington, TX
DS on 12/15/12

Took it a step further yesterday and made freezer pop fudge bars from the ice cream.  Fantastic!!  Thanks Val for the inspiration!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 833 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1091 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 365 views