My weekly checkin - week 2

Sumundo311
on 8/17/13 12:59 am - Saskatoon, Canada

Well, my week was.......I am struggling with food, I work in the city(I live in a small town 30min away from the city) and my DH drives me to work, takes me out to lunch everyday and picks me up to go home. The problem, what to have for lunch, since we are eating out and it has to be fast??? I am going to try to take food and picnic this next week, any picnic food ideas appreciated.

Next I worked out this last week and I spent 3 days suffering with sore muscles. I did go for a bike ride to and it did help my leg muscles, but boy I was sore.

Third I have been job hunting for a regular office job, I work for a temp agency as a receptionist  and have been learning a lot of skills, but I can only do so much. So I find I sit a lot and am bored, whereat if I had a full time job of my own I would be able to do more things, and that would keep me busy.

My weight has be up and down a couple pounds this week, I was excited to see it going down, but this morning it is up again, most likely Pizza overload from supper last night.

Life is back to normal, everyone has left and things are quiet at home, summer has been fun but I am still tired.

The weather here has been hot so all the fans are going, blowing hot air, really not much help. I am feeling ok, I started the week pretty positive, but my momentum left me by Thursday.  It will pick up again tomorrow, Sunday is usually a good day for me, I spend time thinking about my week and all the things I am going to do, eat right, exercise, go for walks and bike rides with DH.  So I usually get excited.

That's about it. Thanks everyone for your support.

Susan

Nov. 14/2005 I have reached the 10 year mark and I am very glad I had this surgery and can live a normal life.

Irishnurse
on 8/17/13 2:03 am
DS on 04/17/13

When did you have your DS?

Glad things are going well for you =)

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

Sumundo311
on 8/17/13 2:26 am - Saskatoon, Canada

I had my DS Nov of 2005 and had hernia surgery Feb 2007, The only issue with the surgery that I have is that sometimes I get dumping syndrome, or something like it once or twice a year, seems to be no rhyme or reason. And sometimes when I get bloated it hurts on my right side under my mesh. Other then that love having the DS.

Susan

Nov. 14/2005 I have reached the 10 year mark and I am very glad I had this surgery and can live a normal life.

MajorMom
on 8/17/13 3:31 am - VA

I think packing lunch and picnic food is a great idea. That way you can control what you have when out and about in town, Good job!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

NoreenRT
on 8/18/13 10:15 am - Warner Robins, GA

Yummy, picnic food. For me that means little bits of this and that, which I would much rather eat that a full out meal.  If you went on a picnic with me my basket might have:  deviled eggs,  tuna salad, cold grilled chicken, some raw veggies w/ dip, few nuts,  cheese cubes, maybe some deli meats rolled up wiry cream cheese.  All can be carried in one of those little personal coolers with an ice pack

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

jashley
on 8/18/13 10:51 am
DS on 12/19/12

I would like to go on a picnic with you!  I would follow your cooler anywhere. 

I would add the No Flour Peanut Butter Cookie, some yogurt with fruit and granola, or with nuts and dark chocolate chips.  A No Crust Cheese Cake in tuperware containers.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 679 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1005 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 338 views