not eating enough

starlightlu
on 3/11/14 7:44 pm - Canada

Hi, My weight loss slowed dramatically at about 7 months. I usually have NO carbs during day but have a little at supper with family. I don't think I'm eating enough or getting enough fat. A typical day for me is an espresso in the morning as soon as I wake up, a protein shake an hour or 2 after. A yogurt for snack. Meat for lunch (rib eye steak, filet mignon, commercial faux filet…etc). Supper I have whatever i prepare for kids and family, could be some pasta, fish, stew, soup or whatever. Evening snack I may have a couple of Grissol with hummus spread.

Do you guys think I'm not eating enough? I would love to lose another 30 lbs but at this rate I doubt I'll attain the goal.

laughstarlight

SW 260 SW 257 CW 139 GW 130  

PeteA
on 3/12/14 12:35 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

It seems to me that you might be light on both protein and fats. Evenings sound like they can be very low protein depending on the family meal. Maybe another protein shake at night or a double scoop in the morning? Not much help on fats, I'm sure someone else will chime in.

To get a better picture:

When you have meat at lunch how much are we talking about? 3 -4 oz, 5-6 oz, more?
How are you doing on liquids? With the low carb you still need to flush out your system.

I hope you hit goal even if it takes a while.

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

starlightlu
on 3/12/14 12:43 am - Canada

My lunch is about 5-6 oz, and shamefully admit i don't get enough water as i should. Thx for ur input pete!

laughstarlight

SW 260 SW 257 CW 139 GW 130  

Valerie G.
on 3/12/14 2:56 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

To get a real account - start counting protein grams and keep a tally to see.  You should be getting a minimum of 100g of protein and 64oz of fluids.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Chris Mitchell
on 3/12/14 3:16 am

If you have trouble getting in your water, I have trouble drinking straigh****er so I use sugar free packets like crystal light. My wife has been losing weight the old fashion way and came to a stand still, started drinking more water (with flavoring) and dropped another 3 lbs in less then a couple of weeks.

Chris M. - Highest Weight = 397 lbs, Start of Program = 386 lbs, Day of Surgery = 360 lbs

YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vinnero0

Sumundo311
on 3/12/14 4:10 am - Saskatoon, Canada

question: as a DS'r if we double our protein in a protein shake, do we actually absorb it?? I thought we could only absorb a little at a time? 

Susan

Nov. 14/2005 I have reached the 10 year mark and I am very glad I had this surgery and can live a normal life.

Amy W.
on 3/14/14 9:37 pm - Buckeye, AZ
I think I read on DS-Facts we absorb 35-40g at a time?

5" 7' -  HW: 328 Current: I stay around 155 :) 
"...Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 698 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1014 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 340 views