is it too late?

starlightlu
on 5/25/14 6:18 pm - Canada

Hi all,

I hit my 1 year surgiversary this past may 6th. I've lost a substantial amount of weight without having undertaken any real exercise regiment. I have recently had a tummy tuck (may 10th) and am still very incapacitated (in terms of exercise and mobility. Ideally I would still like to lose an additional 10-15 lbs. 

QUestion: I realize that my WL window has come to or is coming to an end. I desperately want to incorporate a better exercise routine in my lifestyle. Once I recover from my TT which I suspect is not for at least another couple of weeks, can I still expect to lose weight and attain personal goal? Does DS work even after the WL window expires? P.S. I am still losing weight even though it is at a snail's pace but on the losing trend nonetheless.

thx

laughstarlight

SW 260 SW 257 CW 139 GW 130  

MajorMom
on 5/25/14 7:47 pm - VA

Congratulations!  : )

You should still be able to lose weight after the honeymoon period. It may take more work and dedication low carbing and drinking water, etc. but it's very doable. Good luck!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

MsBatt
on 5/26/14 4:57 am

With the DS, you don't really have weight-loss 'window'. Your malabsorption will always be with you. Keep in mind that being obese for years has caused you to develop thicker, denser bones---your body may need to weigh a little more than someone who's never been obese.

Irishnurse
on 5/27/14 1:20 am
DS on 04/17/13

I thought the honeymoon period was two years? That is what I have read and been told by several DSers, Surgeon etc. 

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

Lyss Remaly
on 5/27/14 7:27 am - Wheeling, IL

This is a LIFE-LONG procedure.  You will always have the DS to support you but you have to support it as well with proper diet and EXERCISE.  Your body needs that movement to function properly.  There really is no "window" or "experation date" when it comes to DS.  You can ALWAYS lose weight and change your body.  Personally, I am almost 4 years out and continue to still make progress but i work HARD for it.  I don't wait for it to happen to me.  The "honeymoon" period where the DS works on its own basically will of course end but you still need to play your part.  A HUGE congrats on the tummy tuck!  That is amazing!  Keep working hard. 

PeteA
on 5/28/14 7:56 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Doctor's and people are all over about this. My Doc puts the honeymoon phase at 18 months but I think 
most people can continue to lose - it's just harder.

Building exercise into your life sounds like a good place to start.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 771 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1059 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 351 views