DS Revision Surgery scheduled but nervous

spottydotty
on 2/17/16 4:30 pm - Jacksonville, NC

I'm having my DS revision surgery with Dr. Bruce on the 29th of this month but I'm very nervous one of his patients said something about having to wear a drain for 2 weeks after her surgery. He never mentioned anything about a drain.  He did mention the possibility of complications but never about a drain. A friend of mine had A DS revision 7 months ago did wonderful and never had any drains. Has anyone had DS revision surgery and had to have drains and if so why?? Thanks so much.

MajorMom
on 2/17/16 4:40 pm - VA

Some docs send you home with a drain as standard procedure and some don't. I don't think I'd read too much into that. Mine came out during the second week and it was just my doc's standard way of doing business. 

I hope everything goes well. Keep us posted.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

K P.
on 2/18/16 3:34 pm
DS on 07/08/14

I had a drain for about a week or two after my surgery. I didn't have a revision. It's essentially to just help drain off some of the excess fluid. It wasn't really a bid deal for me. Good luck!

HW 284; SW 270; CW 152; Revised GW 140-160  

islandgirl55
on 2/22/16 7:44 am

I'm 6 days post op revision and still have a drain. It will come out tomorrow. It's not something to worry about. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 419 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 861 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 277 views