Pedometer recommendations and where to buy in Winnipeg or elsewhere

manitobamike
on 6/23/13 7:23 am - Canada
VSG on 12/03/13

My pedometer started going wonky on me and has now gone to pedometer heaven (hell for wonky ones?)

...So am seeking recommendations for a new one please. Nothing too fancy but must be reliable and not count steps when sitting on the counter (seriously - this is one mine started doing). Not too expensive please either, as I sometimes have a bad habit of misplacing things and running them over...

Was great to meet some of the WLS group at the coffee on Wednesday. Looking forward to the next one.

Thanks, Mike

BCwaiting
on 6/23/13 8:04 am - Canada
mike, I was sitting next to you the other day.. I have a little gadget called a Tractivity sensor that I either put on my ankle with a band, or snap onto your runner shoelace. The ankle bands are quite short, so probably won't be good for you..I would advise you to just get the runner sensor. I like it... It measures steps/calories. It keeps track on the sensor then you plug the USB into a computer and it transfers the information to their site. that way you have a good record and can track it for months at a glance. Mine was really cheap. I think I ended up paying $15.00 with a coupon code, so I actually bought a coule of them. I have one on my outiside shoes, and one on my inside shoes.
I have a code that may OR may not work...try it. GO to their website
Tractivityonline.com and then put in the discount code pif15 OR pif12 if that one didn't work. If they still don't work, try searching one, that is how I got mine so cheap. Good luck..which reminds me, I need to plug mine into see what I did this week.Barb C

referral April/2011 Weight 230 lbs.,orientation Nov 30/2011, surgeon Jan 4/2012, Psych Feb 2, Dietician March 15, physical Apr 12, Surgery VSG May 29/2012,
pre-op weight 180 lbs. ,         
Karenerickson
on 6/23/13 9:59 am - Portage La Prairie, Canada

I have the Tractivity that attaches to my shoe laces and I love it. I found that with my big tummy I never got accurate reads with traditional ones and I love logging in to see how I have done everyday. I found them on facebook and there was a code there for half price. I have had mine for 14 months and have changed the battery once!

pegcitygrl
on 6/23/13 8:29 am - Winnipeg, Canada

Hi Mike

Check out this Nike Band. Its a lot more than a pedometer!  I love mine!

http://www.nike.com/ca/en_ca/c/nikeplus-fuelband

(deactivated member)
on 6/23/13 7:50 pm - Canada
If walking is a requirement, then I'm majorly screwed. I use a wheelchair. Recently, I found a video on YouTube for disabled people, you can either use a wheelchair, armless chair or standing. I hope that will be acceptable for the WLS clinic here.
(deactivated member)
on 6/23/13 10:26 pm

depending on your price point a fitbit is a great one too.you wear it all the time and it tracks all movement and sleep paterns too.it also syncs up with my fitnesspal.they are about 100.00 and you can buy it at the apple store at polo and i think also at best buy.

sondra

rainyone
on 6/24/13 5:02 am - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12

I love my fit bit ... I have one they don't sell anymore but it has lasted though so much. I give my gadgets quite a beating... lol

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

govtgirl
on 6/24/13 5:16 am - winnipeg, Canada
I bought a smarthealth brand pedo at shoppers drug mart. You wear it like a wris****ch. I think it was $60.

manitobamike
on 7/14/13 6:10 am, edited 7/14/13 6:12 am - Canada
VSG on 12/03/13

I picked up a small basic no frills Omron HJ-112 pedometer at London Drugs in Edmonton for $30. Its recommended by the Weight Wise Clinic and has very good reviews overall for being reliable. So far it seems to measure my steps accurately and only when I'm using it and not while sitting on the counter like my last one did.

I was told you can buy it for less at Costco but this was at the Edmonton Costco - I don't have a Costco membership so I don't know if they are available here.

A Fit Bit would be nice but this works.

Most Active