Re: New Support Group in Henderson

Lynn M.
on 7/10/03 3:45 am - Henderson, NV
I just wanted to let everyone know that there is a new support group here in Henderson.....it will meet the first sunday of every month for now....the next one is August 6th from 2p-4p at the Green Valley Library in Henderson. It is located on the corner of Green Valley Parkway and Sunset Road. Its held in the Sunset room in the library. It is open to the public, pre and post ops and anyone else whe is interested in learning about this surgery, its risks and benefits. So anyone interested or if you know anyone interested let them know. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at [email protected], I would love to hear from you!!!!! Im almost 2 years post op and I have never been happier. I have lost 130 lbs and Im healthier than I've ever been. Im such an advocate of this surgery. I feel it is such a freedom from obesity. It is a tool that is given to us that makes our success a reality. Its not the easy way out by any stretch of the imagination as many people feel. It is a tool only, it is still up to us how we choose to use it. Its so amazing!!!! Hope to hear from some of you!!! Lynn Mckee
garyzgurl
on 7/19/03 11:54 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Hi everyone, Thankyou Lynn for posting the support group meeting in Henderson. I did look at my calendar and the first Sunday in August is the 3rd.So if anyone is looking to go to the meeting that is the date. I hope to be there with my husband. Looking forward to meeting everyone. I hope I am up for it, because I am still recovering from 3 major surgeries not related to WLS. A local surgeon kincked my bowel during a simple procedure for right lower quadrant pain and I ended up with numerous sergeries and malnurished for a while.I even went underweight and it was so hard to put the weight back on.I was skin and bones and did not look good at all.But things are looking up.I am 10 weeks post op and am still in pain and on some strong pain meds and will be for a while. So if I feel good on that day I will attend the meeting. Take care all of you..Lucy
Most Active