Wanna Help A Fellow Fatty?

NunyaBwax
on 8/1/03 1:16 am - Fabulous Las Vegas, NV
Hi everyone. I am devastated! Although my HMO is going to start covering WLS in September (if medically necessary), my husband's employer does not have the coverage on their insurance plan !!! I just can not beleive it! I got the name and address of a lady who sits on the board of the committee who makes these decisions. My husband and I are going to write her letters telling her why it's so important for them to offer their employees coverage for WLS. I'm asking anyone who can help me with this battle to please e-mail me. I will then give you the name and address of the lady to write to. I need all the help I can get. I feel as though I'm dying a slow death, and WLS is the only thing that can save me. Also.... if anyone knows where I can find some good material to print out regarding how much better employees do at work after WLS I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks so much for any help you can give me! Please e-mail me at: [email protected] I also have a profile/journal here on obesityhelp.com. ~ Kassie in Las Vegas
DinaDoll
on 8/21/03 2:29 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Hi Kassie, I am sorry about your problem, most insurances say they won't cover you, but if you show medical necessity(besides 100 pounds over weight and a BMI greater than 40), I mean did you have prior breathing problems??asthma??obstructive apnea?? Did you have prior heart or circulation problems, anything documented by your personal physician?? or if you have been in at least a years supervised diet program(can be combined, not one dr., and not all the same year), then almost all insurances will cover you with any of this ammunition. I highly recommend you have your personal Dr. write aletter for you. I also recommend that you see Dr. Francis Teng from Mtn. View Hospital and medical center next door to the hospital. His office staff will help you if you meet any of the prior requirements. He also has a great social, information meeting every 4th monday of the month(this Monday coming), at Mtn. view hospital in the class room on the 1st floor from 7:30 pm- 9 p.m. This support group are past and future patience of his who may be able to help. Dr. Teng is always there too!! Goood luck, let me know if this helped. Dina Joos
Most Active