Recent Posts

MommaGbear
on 3/27/15 2:53 am
VSG on 04/29/15 with
Topic: Coming to Vega for Surgery

Hi Folks!

I'm new on the boards, though I've been lurking for a long while. I'm looking at scheduling VSG surgery within the next 6 weeks. I'll be cash paying, and my husband and I compromised on Las Vegas as a reasonable price that doesn't involve leaving the USA. I believe I've narrowed it down to 2 docs, and I'm just looking to see if anyone has experiences with either of them (particularly if you came from out of state for surgery)

Dr. Tom Umbach from Blossom Bariatrics

and

Dr. Bernie Hanna from Las Vegas Bariatrics

I appreciate any thoughts folks feel able to share with me!

Also, any hints on hotels to stay at and things like that while we are there would be great!

Thanks again!

Kathy S.
on 2/9/15 3:31 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Topic: The moment you've all been waiting for . . . OH2015 Location Announcement!

And the winner is....

http://events.obesityhelp.com/

Not sure you are going?  Check out the video from last years conference and you will see what you missed.  BOOK NOW

We hope to see you all there

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Amy Pepper
on 11/29/14 6:14 am - Milaca, MN
Topic: Laughlin or close doctors. PLEASE READ!

Hello everyone! I am here looking for help for my mother. She just recently moved to Nevada, not quite a year ago. She hasn't been having much luck finding doctors that she likes, or that seem to even care about her. She is looking for a few different kinds of doctors. First she needs a family physician, preferably a internalist (I'm not sure what that is but that's what she said). She is also looking for a  rheumatologist. She is okay with seeing someone who is within an hour from laughlin area. She just really wants to find a few nice doctors. She has seen one in her town and he told her she was a baby and needed to see a psychiatrist. She has a lot of pain from the rheumatology and he refused to give her anything for her pain, even though her doctor here has been giving her the pain medication for over 6 years. Anyway, if anyone can help I would really appreciate it! Thanks! 

Kim Gyurina, OH Staff
on 7/29/14 3:30 am
DS on 09/27/23
Topic: Important Information Regarding OH Event Hotel Group Pricing

Hello!  

The ObesityHelp Event Hotel has provided us a new link for booking, as the group pricing for Friday night rooms has sold out!  If you have not booked yet, please go to the link below. Remember...All of our group pricing ends on 8/1/14. You may be able to still book a room, but at a much higher rate!

New link and info:

ObesityHelp 2014

Start date: 8/11/14

End date: 8/20/14

Last day to book by: 8/1/14

Marriott hotel(s) offering your special group rate:

• Manhattan Beach Marriott  for 139.00 USD  - 179.00 USD  per night

Book your group rate: ObesityHelp 2014 >>

See you there!  

Kim Gyurina, Event Manager

jjam67
on 7/13/14 2:49 pm - Northern, NV
Topic: RE: Trying to get Gastric Bypss

Hi--I went through the whole approval process about 4 1/2 years ago, but was set on the vsg and insurances weren't really approving it back then. I got a surgery date for the RnY, but backed out then lost my insurance. I had Hometown Health then and again now and apparently they are approving vsg now. I just faxed in my interest packet on Friday.

Kim Gyurina, OH Staff
on 7/8/14 5:50 am
DS on 09/27/23
Topic: The Countdown is on....will you be there?

The ObesityHelp Conference 2014 is about education and information for living a healthy lifestyle with weight loss surgery.  In addition to the Grad Panel Q/A, Professional Panel Q/A, Fashion Show, no charge professional quality Pixel Photo Booth pictures, free plastic surgery consults, a Meet & Greet and Keynote Speaker Graham Elliot, MasterChef Judge, here's the 4-1-1 on the sessions at the Conference:

●   I'm Changing and I'm Perfect As I Am

●   Dealing with uncomfortable food situations and social settings after WLS

●   The importance of support on your WLS journey

●   Reading Between the Labels:  How To Outsmart Your Groceries

●   How Much Does a Zebra Weigh?  (Yes, you'll find out in this session)

●   Re-Defining Success After Bariatric Surgery

●   Six Steps to Success When Coping With Addiction after WLS

●   What To Do After the Honeymoon is Over

●   Exploring Your Reconstructive Plastic Surgery Options

●   What To Expect When You're Expecting.....Surgery to Work

●   Sex, Intimacy and Relationships after WLS

●   How Yoga supports your WLS journey

From attending the Conference, you'll take away things you've learned that will help you live a healthy lifestyle, friendships that you'll have made, lots of vendor samples and a goodie bag, photos and memories that you'll cherish for a long time. 

The countdown to the Conference is ON......buy your tickets now - you'll be glad you did!

Kim Gyurina, Event Manager

Member Services
on 7/1/14 4:38 am - Irvine, CA
Topic: Exclusive Interview with Graham Elliot, Keynote speaker at OH Conference

ObesityHelp had the opportunity for an exclusive interview with MasterChef Judge, Graham Elliot.  This month marks his one year VSG surgery anniversary, and he's lost 150 pounds. 

Graham is the Keynote Speaker at the OH Conference 2014.  At the Conference, you'll hear his story and have an opportunity to talk with him in the question/answer part of his presentation. 

ShelleyNunley
on 5/16/14 3:48 pm
Topic: RE: Dr. Robert Rutledge and mini gatric bypass

I had surgery with Dr. Rutledge in North Carolina in March 30,  2001.  I cannot speak for everyone else but I can speak for my own experience.   I did my research as we were required to do.  I was 29 years old & weighed 300 lbs & was the single mother of a 5 year old.  My surgery was 30 minutes long.  Insurance didn't cover it so I was self pay.  It was $12,000 at the time & my only option really.   After much prayer, everything fell into place, perfectly!   Surgery & recovery went great.   I am now a married mother of 3 & weigh 130 & wear a size 3.  I had a tummy tuck after my second child.  I've had no complications except for some bouts with anemia & some spells with reflux.  I take high doses of acid reducers & that helps.  My advice would be do your research & follow your heart!  My best wishes to all!

Member Services
on 4/30/14 6:09 am - Irvine, CA
Topic: OH welcomes Masterchef Judge Graham Elliot as our keynote speaker

ObesityHelp is honored to have MasterChef and MasterChef Junior Judge Graham Elliot join our ObesityHelp National Conference 2014.  Not only is he a critically acclaimed chef, television personality and one of the most recognized faces in cooking today, he is a successful Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy (VSG) post-ops.  In less than one year, Graham has lost an amazing 150 pounds, and changed his health and his life.  Graham will share his insights and engage with our attendees for an open question/answer portion of his keynote.

We hope you'll join us and be inspired by Graham's success along with the other fun, education and support that our attendees walk away with from attending our Conferences.  We hope to see you at our 2014 Conference with Graham Elliot.

StephanieED
on 4/15/14 6:29 pm
Topic: Trying to get Gastric Bypss

Just starting the process of trying to get the sugary.  Found out the insurances need a 3 year history of medical supervised diet and I do not have it. So this may be a long road for me. Would love some local support. 

Most Active