Surgical scars, excess skin and cellulite be damned!

DS Facts
on 4/3/11 7:01 am
I am over 3 years post-op from my DS (open) and post 3 plastics procedures (LBL, arms, breasts), so safe to say I have a lot of scars and still a lot of excess skin (2 asses and elephant thighs and legs) but BE DAMNED I am going on a vacation with my 4 girlfriends and I am wearing a 2 piece bathing suit! My friend Jill inspired me, she just got back from Cuba and her mantra was "I 100% embraced it (the imperfections we see in our own bodies)...god it was liberating." She's right.

This is my first 2 piece EVER! When I was trying on suits on today I noticed how much my scars have faded, so that's some piece of mind for some of you out there. I didn't have the option for lap surgery, mine had to be open, so I still have a few train tracks from the staples ;) They are battle scars and I will wear every one of them with pride, they got me to where I am today.

Tabetha A.
on 4/3/11 7:09 am - Ajax, Canada
 Have a great trip!  One day I hope to be able to get over the skin issues.  My scar from last years TT was practically gone, but I decided to go in for a revision last week so I get to start fresh.  I don't think we'll ever be happy with what we have so we just have to get over it!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

DS Facts
on 4/3/11 7:11 am
Yep I agree Tab, after 3 plastics procedures all it has done in my mind is accentuate what has not been "fixed", it's a vicious cycle. "Get over it" are wise words to live by on this board!
samtq
on 4/3/11 7:15 am - Ottawa, Canada
 I am so scared of that once I have my first plastics in July.  I will definitely come to you for advice if I find myself in that situation.

Your bikini looks awesome and I can't wait to see pics.  Have a fantastic trip!
“The miracle isn’t that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.? --John “the Penguin? Bingham 
There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living. ~ Nelson Mandela

HW: 247.5/SW: 228.5/CW:135/ My GW: 140/SGW: 151
DS Facts
on 4/3/11 7:18 am
I'd say it's actually easier to wear a 2 piece bathing suit in a foreign country with 4 girlfriends and complete strangers than it is finding pants that look decent on me at home, that still reduces me to tears. One thing at a time =) I'll take this small victory.
Karen M.
on 4/3/11 7:23 am - Mississauga, Canada
So true. I went topless at a resort a couple of years ago on the beach, just to **** off the self-righteous people on our trip. hahaha  Being naked in front of strangers is pretty easy.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Jennie M.
on 4/4/11 12:08 am - Ottawa, Canada
 I'll agree with Bev here... i wore my bikini with fear and pride in FL last November (2.5 mths post-TT) and you won't catch me in it locally... one thing to be away from home. :)

Urban Poling Instructor, 5K runner & soon to be CanFit Pro Personal Trainer
HW339/Lowest Wt 175/CW210/GW175  Plastics done (TT & BR) 8/31/10

freakiechick10
on 4/3/11 7:13 am
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freakie        
Karen M.
on 4/3/11 7:13 am - Mississauga, Canada
In my dreams perhaps. lol
Have a wonderful trip :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

DS Facts
on 4/3/11 7:14 am
Pssh you're freakin microscopic ;)  I'm a giant compared to you!
Most Active
Recent Topics