Quest Protein Chips

TES
on 3/20/15 2:08 am - Ottawa, Canada

So, living with a boyfriend who has refused to stop bringing junk food into the house has been a challenge (to say the least).  I won't get into the discussions/arguments about that ...

However, I did decide that I needed something to help crack the cravings for potato chips that drive me around the bend.  I heard about Quest protein chips, read a ton of reviews and decided to give them a try.  I ordered 8 individual packages to squirrel away for those "MUST HAVE CHIPS" moments.   When they arrived, I eagerly opened one of the packaged and pulled out a lovely, lightly flavoured "chip".  First bite was "WOW! CRUNCH!" then ... "OMG, What the hell have I done?"  Unfortunately after the initial coat of flavouring wears off, it's like having a mouthful of semi-solidified Optifast in your mouth.  They taste like Optifast smells ... I was hopeful that maybe it was just THAT particular flavour and opened a different bag.  Nope.

So now I have six bags of Hell Chips and I've had to brush my tongue 3 times to get rid of the taste.

Moral of the story - NO potato chips are worth it.

TES

Hollynik
on 3/20/15 2:34 am - Canada

Thanks for posting this I was laughing while reading it because I just got an email today for the quest chips from fitshop and was going to order some thinking, good amount of protein, decent calories and a crunchy snack.  Now, I am definitely not going to be ordering them so thanks for the heads up.  Lori

Helna_Handbasket
on 3/20/15 2:46 am - OWEN SOUND, Canada

hahahah.... "hell chips"!  Awesome.  How about Snapea Crisps?  Tried those as an option?

Patm
on 3/20/15 3:22 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I tried these. They are a little salty for me but as a very occasional snack I don't mind them

Lolabug
on 3/20/15 4:17 am - Canada
RNY on 07/23/13

Those are great! And at Costco you can get a box of pouches that have 100 cal each.

TES
on 3/20/15 4:23 am - Ottawa, Canada

I have tried the Snapea Crisps and love them ... but they don't have much in the way of protein, so I go easy on them.  I've also tried dehydrated (not cooked) kale chips, which I also really like.  They have a little more in the protein department than the Snapea, but still not a ton, so I only have some when the cravings are BAD.  LOL.

On another note, if anyone in Ottawa wants 6 bags of Quest Chips ...

TES

Karen M.
on 3/20/15 5:00 am - Mississauga, Canada

Haaa! Best choke them down with a hot-from-the-microwave Chike protein (supposed to be iced) coffee!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

TES
on 3/20/15 5:01 am - Ottawa, Canada

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngghhhhhhh UGH *shudder*

TES

alysan
on 3/20/15 5:38 am - Canada

I bought some Simply Protein chips from the Bulk Barn and they are alright. Lots of protein, flavor is so so.  They are made with pea protein.

Referral: Feb. 14, 2013; Orientation: May 16, 2013: 1st RN/NUT/SW appt: May 28, 2013; 2nd RN/NUT/SW appt: July 31, 2013; Dr. Agarwal (internist): Aug. 6, 2013; Post Op Class: Nov. 25 2013; Dr. Reed: Dec. 17, 2013; Surgery: February 13,2014

softballqueen89
on 3/20/15 5:39 am - Canada
VSG on 02/24/15

LOL - sorry you didn't like them.

I bought a bag of the Sour Cream & Onion today....quite enjoyed them.

I hope you find something to satisfy the cravings :)

Referral: 08.13.14  Orient (TWH): 11.05.14  Social: 11.27.14  Nurse Prac: 12.10.14  Psych: 01.12.15 Nutrition Class: 11.18.14  Scope: 01.06.15  Dietician: 12.12.14  Meet Surgeon: 02.06.15  Pre-Op Testing: 02.18.15  SURGERY DATE: 02.24.15 (Dr. Okrainec)    

Most Active
Recent Topics