Nausea during Pre-op Diet

Maria27
on 3/7/15 5:24 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

Did anyone else feel nauseous all the time during the pre-op diet? Is it a side effect of eating low carb? I feel great when I wake up in the morning, but I feel very nauseous by the afternoon, which lasts the rest of the day. This is the third day that I've felt this way, and I am on day five of the diet. It is making me crave toast or something to settle my stomach, but nothing I'm allowed to eat helps.

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

CerealKiller Kat71
on 3/7/15 5:50 am
RNY on 12/31/13

i had nausea, too -- I personally think for me, it was my body trying to get me to eat carbs.  I compare it to withdrawls -- you feel sick, but really, it's just your body trying to justify/trick you into giving in to it.

The other aspect is that if you aren't drinking enough, you can definitely feel nauseated.  So, do make sure you are hydrating. 

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Maria27
on 3/7/15 6:14 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

I was thinking that maybe it was my body just trying to get me to eat carbs too. I have been drinking lots of water, but I will try to drink more. Maybe I need more to make up for the caffeinated beverages I have been drinking. Thanks.

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

CerealKiller Kat71
on 3/7/15 6:17 am
RNY on 12/31/13

The pre-op is tough.  It really is.  I look back and I am so proud I made it through!  You will, too.    You got this!

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

hollykim
on 3/7/15 6:33 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On March 7, 2015 at 1:24 PM Pacific Time, Maria27 wrote:

Did anyone else feel nauseous all the time during the pre-op diet? Is it a side effect of eating low carb? I feel great when I wake up in the morning, but I feel very nauseous by the afternoon, which lasts the rest of the day. This is the third day that I've felt this way, and I am on day five of the diet. It is making me crave toast or something to settle my stomach, but nothing I'm allowed to eat helps.

yes,likely carb withdrawal. drink all the broth and other things on your diet to help as well.

Han Shot First
on 3/7/15 11:16 pm - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

For me, the pre-op diet was the worst part of this whole process.  You only have 9 more days to go!  Hang in there, it'll get better.

--

150 lost and maintaining!

KimNC
on 3/8/15 1:35 am

I was extremely sick but I was on the cabbage soup diet before hand. I got to the point that I was unable to even hold my head up. I came here and learned that every surgeon has a different pre-op diet and some do not have any pre-op diet. I switched to broth instead of the cabbage soup along with whatever else was allowed that day and did much better.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 69 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 294 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 300 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views