What's on your Monday Menu?

catwoman7
on 4/1/24 5:28 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

well I need to get back on plan today. I've been allowing too many calories lately - not ungodly amounts, but enough extra every day that I'm not going to like what the scale says on Wednesday morning. Plus I've got some "eating events" at the end of the week - a luncheon and a dinner banquet on Thursday, and a wine tasting thing on Friday night (I hope that's it!!). So I need to be really careful until then. Not much else going on this week. My sister leaves on Thursday, so it's back to Mom duty. But we've been "testing" her, and she seems to be OK being by herself for several hours at a pop. So I'm going to hire someone to be with her an hour or two in the mornings, and I'll go over in the evenings. And I have to skip one here and there, it should be OK - she can now take her lidocaine patch and sling off by herself, can get into her pajamas, and can put herself to bed. The only thing is that she's still taking oxycodone, so if she still has some left by the time I take over, I really do have to go over there because she can't remember if and when she's taken it, so we have to hide it and mete it out. But she SHOULD be just about done with that. Hopefully by mid-April she'll be well enough that she won't need people around all the time - but we'll see.

I decided to watch all the 2024 Oscar nominees for best documentary since I'm in two documentary film groups, and one of the groups wants to discuss some of the films. Saw "To Kill a Tiger" yesterday. Fabulous! That one is definitely on the docket for the group. I'll watch more this week.

QOTD: I'm adventurous about everything except meat. I do not do weird meat. I rarely eat meat in general, but the common five or six I WILL eat (pork, chicken, fish, etc). Well except lamb. Will not eat. Lambs are too cute!

coffee with half & half

skyr with fruit

protein shake

chili

Greek yogurt

eggplant kuku

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Greateight
on 4/1/24 5:33 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Yesterday was an empty nest holiday for sure. We slept in, ate savory scones, went to brunch, watched basketball and tried to solve the murder puzzle. On the way home we checked out the racecourse for the Superhero run. Brunch was very good, a little bit of raw bar and then back for ham and tater tots , a bit of a break to digest and a few bites of dessert. I certainly didn't get the plates of the other people in the restaurant, but I got to taste everything that I wanted to. The kids all called us this weekend (some more than once), which was nice. The rest of the weekend was mostly Crossfit and March Madness.

Today seems like it won't be that busy at work, I think that some clients are off today. Tuesday looks like a full day. March 31st is the midpoint of our fiscal year, which means that I just knocked off 1/6th of the rest of my work years. Or 1/2 if I end up retiring this year. I turn 58 this month, yikes.

The Iowa/LSU woman's game starts at 6:00 CST, so I am going to try and get home early today to watch it. As great as Caitlin Clark plays, I don't think that the rest of Iowa's team is strong enough to beat LSU.

It seems hard to believe, but my youngest only has three 1/2 weeks left and he will be done with school for the year. My older son graduates four weeks from Friday.

QOTD: I think that I'm in the middle. With the same mayonnaise caveat as Jen. I tried sea urchin, after which my colleagues from Tokyo told me that they wouldn't eat it because it was "too Japanese."

Breakfast: scone

Lunch: catered

Dinner: Steak

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

White Dove
on 4/1/24 6:01 am - Warren, OH

Have you watched The Accountant on Netflix? I was expecting a comedy, but it is psychological thriller with a really surprising twist at the end.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Greateight
on 4/1/24 6:18 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Is that the one with Ben Affleck?

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

White Dove
on 4/1/24 6:37 am - Warren, OH

It is Ben Affleck. I was bored enough to watch a movie this weekend and really liked it. The combination of accountant and trained assassin made for a interesting story.

Grim_Traveller
on 4/1/24 7:03 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I like The Accountant a lot. They are making a sequel.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

White Dove
on 4/1/24 9:07 am - Warren, OH

It is a great movie for a sequel. They need to have more of the love interest and we need to find out what happens to Chris.

Teenie
on 4/1/24 7:35 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I watch Apples Never Fall on Pea**** this weekend. Same writer as Pretty little liars. Has a Tennis vibe. Marilyn may like it.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Queen JB
on 4/1/24 10:51 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I hated it, but it's most likely because of how far they deviated from the book, which I loved. Grim never read the book and he liked the series so it's probably just me.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Lisa91941
on 4/1/24 8:22 am
RNY on 10/29/19

We share a birthday month! I'm a big fan of the birthday month and use it to my advantage every day of April.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 72 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 296 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 342 views