What's on your Monday Menu?

Emiepie
on 4/1/24 5:49 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning in this new month. I hope your meetings go well, the no stress ones are usually nice. We had a good weekend and I got some pretty flowers and my York peppermints from Em and Kobe.

QOTD: I have never been an adventurous eater. I pretty much stick to the basics.

TSS: 9 years 7 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Protein puffs, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: Grilled turkey burger, keto bun, Spicy Mexican cauliflower rice, banana, and dark chocolate

ES: yogurt and toast

E: Treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1436 Protein:116 Carbs:147 Fat:54

Have a great day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

White Dove
on 4/1/24 6:12 am - Warren, OH

Lactose intolerance, fear of dumping, and just plain not really interested in new foods keep me from trying new foods in public. I will sometimes try something different at home and see what happens. When I was younger, I would have tried almost anything.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

White Dove
on 4/1/24 6:53 am - Warren, OH

I always wonder about dreams. Are they expressing our secret fears and desires? Is there someone you want to kill as long as you don't get caught? I had a vivid dream the other night where I was renting an apartment and was evicted with nothing. I was in the hallway alone and had no cellphone to call someone for help.

Now that I am awake I guess I could have gone to another apartment and knocked on their door for help. One of my biggest fears is being alone with no cellphone. I can not longer remember peoples cellphone numbers and would not be able to contact anyone without my contacts list on my phone.

I do have a list of numbers on paper on my desk but that is not with me all the time. I have to copy that and at least put it in my purse.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Grim_Traveller
on 4/1/24 7:10 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Good morning all. I'm tired. It was a very nice day yesterday, but I was passed out by 7. We keep swearing well never do it again, but we always do.

I swear, I'm going to have another sample of "bad for me" foods today, and the rest is getting trashed. Part of me still wants to avoid wasting food. Screw that.

QOTD: I think the last new food I tried was potato skins with cheese and Nason, when they first came out. That might have been about 1980. Imagine a time when potato skins didn't exist? Inconceivable.

QJB hasn't been adventurous with food since . . . About the time we met. Huh.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Queen JB
on 4/1/24 10:53 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I'm guessing you meant bacon? But if you are putting Nason on your potato skins you are way more adventurous than I've been giving you credit for.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Teenie
on 4/1/24 7:16 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers.

It was a long weekend that I cooked and cleaned my way through. I am absolutely wiped out this morning. It is cool and rainy, and Rudy was not happy with his rainy walk this morning. He turned me around before we got halfway. Pooped in a neighbor's yard and headed back home.

I made so much food this weekend with tons of leftovers. I am talking Tuna melts, Ham, Potato salad, Cauliflower salad, Kielbasa, homemade ravioli. Braciole, sausage, Meatballs, and bread and buns out the wazoo. I forgot the deserts. Carrot cake roll and strawberry cheesecake. Just glad it is over and no big eating holidays any time soon. Now I just got to decide if my arthritic knee can take running again this year and start preparing for the 4th of July 5k. We shall see.

Mom enjoyed her time at my house. I ain't gonna lie it was not an easy task to get her there but just seeing he happy was all it took for me to know I did the right thing. Hoping she can go home in about 3 more weeks. Her next appointment is April 22. She should get a walking boot then. Our friends brought the girls over and it was nice having the kids around. They are excited to come swimming this summer.

QOTD: No Especially because I do not eat fish or most organ meet. I do like Braunsweiger and chicken livers.

Accountability: nope none. Oh, I did get to gym Saturday.

TSS: 6 years 3-months 21-days 163.8 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF ID caramel Macchiato creamer

MS: L&F toasted Marshmallow Yogurt, and berries

CB: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate chocolate caramel creamer and protein puffs

L: pork loin broccoli sweet potato fries' cauliflower hash browns and snack select

D: Salad and tuna melt no bun.

Exercise: dog walking

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great week my friends.

Brightest Blessings,

Chrissy

Mom even though shee doesn't look it she is happy.

Ravioli and Braciole before the sauce

They won't take a picture together so

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Sheila_H
on 4/1/24 9:20 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Those babies are growing up so fast.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Emiepie
on 4/1/24 12:41 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I am glad you got to spend the holiday with loved ones.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Sheila_H
on 4/1/24 7:26 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

Back to Monday after a very fine weekend. JB, if you want the Mon after Easter as a holiday you need to move to Italy. We call it Pasquetta (little Easter) and it's a holiday.

My weekend : The weather was all over the place, we had rain, hail, and sunshine.

It was also a very instructive weekend.

1. On Sat that was rainy, I couldn't go for my wog so I decided to do an hr of elliptical. while huffing and puffing I watched Nyad on Netflix. It's about the swimmer who swam from Cuba to Florida. The woman failed 4 times until she succeeded the fifth time, all of this AFTER she turned 60! Moral of the story: you are never too old to follow your dreams and aim high.
  2. During the weekend I also watched You are what you eat on Netflix. It's a science experiment on identical twins. They put one on vegan diet and one on carnivore. It's hard to watch when they show how the meat industry raises the cows/chickens/hogs. Even the free range one is bad. I have no idea how after WLS we can get the protein from plants, because all the legumes have a ton of carbs. But the vegan twins came out the winners. They all had dexa scan before and after to see if the loss of weight was fat or muscles. One actually gained fat and lost muscle because she ate less than what they had told her to eat. Very illuminating. The no dairy part of the vegan diet is the most difficult one, cheese is a soul food, but there is a company called Miyoko that is selling vegan cheese and the reviews are good. Anyway food for thought.

QOTD: yes, I'm willing to try anything unless it's an internal organ. Don't like that. Tried it but nope.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • Eggwich
  • Ham, roasted potatoes, sautéed veggies
  • Shaken espresso, protein pudding, jello
  • Fluffy yogurt
  • E: HIIT + weights

Happy start of the week!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Teenie
on 4/1/24 7:47 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Shark tank had a Vegan cheese company last year that they said was pretty good too. Not sure if it is for me though. Glad you had a good weekend.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 266 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 314 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 330 views