Monday WLS express

Alissa A.
on 5/3/09 7:34 pm - Keller, TX
Its Monday again- how did that happen? lol. ALL ABOARD!
Alissa A.
on 5/3/09 7:43 pm - Keller, TX
GOOD MORNING! How did everyone's weekend go? I had a good weekend. I found a cute bathing suit on sale at Sears for 40 percent off, and its got a skirt that covers most of my ugly skin on my thighs. And I found a cute coverup at kohls yesterday. Bryan and Chris went to see the Wolverine movie at Southlake Town Center and I went shopping. It was fun for me to just wander around. Got some great foot lotion and hand lotion that has 20 percent shea butter- expensive but LOVELY! I also got the book The Shack at Barnes and Nobels and started reading it while waiting for them and now I can't put it down! Thanks Que for reccommending it.
We had our cook-in but it didn't rain so I guess it could have been a cook-out except it was cool outside. It was fun. Bryan makes really good hamburgers. My payday cake is heavenly- not SF by any stretch but I can eat a few bites and do okay, and everyone loved it. Tastes just like a payday candy bar! Think I'll bring the rest to work so I'm not tempted.
Prayers for Mark's recovery, Lynette's parents, Annette's parents, Que and Tom, Liz and her neck pain and insomnia, Mary, those looking for employment, and all those who are in need. Love you all- have a great Monday!
George T.
on 5/3/09 8:31 pm - Grand Prairie, TX
I do a lot of reading at times.  Normally mysteries.  I do not read many religious books.  But The Shack.... WOW!  I could not put it down.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!                   

Gina 21 Years Out
on 5/3/09 8:53 pm - Burleson, TX
I think I'm on my 3rd reading of "The Shack" now...keep getting more and more out of it...just awesome...and this is from someone who normally only reads King, Koontz and Kellerman, so that's quite a compliment!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Kathy B.
on 5/3/09 9:30 pm - TX
Gina George, I read the book The Shack, Now I have my hubby listening to it with me on audio.. We love it. We can't stop. It is very inspirational. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It has touched me as much as the Left Behind series.. I recommend it to EVERYONE..

Smile, it increases your face value.

Michelle S.
on 5/3/09 9:37 pm - Burkburnett, TX
I too read the book.  It is one of those that you pick up and have a hard time putting it down, and then it sticks with you.  I had borrowed it but I may have to go out and buy it cause I am ready to read it again!  Have a great day.

Alice Davis
on 5/4/09 5:03 am - Blooming Grove, TX

gina, love your new avitar

Gina 21 Years Out
on 5/4/09 12:42 pm - Burleson, TX
Thank you, Ms ALICE--but I cannot take any credit-KRIS M did it for me-isn't she GREAT?????

RNY 4-22-02...

We Can Do Hard Things

Gina 21 Years Out
on 5/3/09 9:13 pm - Burleson, TX

Good morning all!! You know, it's weir-I can work 7 days a week, but somehow I STILL know when it's MONDAY and FRIDAY...Actually I was off yesterday...but still....today my assignment is a 56 year old lady with ovarian cancer in east FtWorth, so I need to be moving a lil faster than I am here. The only drawback s that she's a home pt and there are smokers in the home-a real "trigger' for my migraines-but I'll suck it up and do the best I can. I know ME-once I get hooked on her I won't want to be reassigned-smoke or not-and right now nobody else is willing to go take care of such a young person. Stupid, picky nurses...

Kudos to TAWNYA for such a FABULOUS support group yesterday. She obviously spent HOURS and HOURS preparing her program, and I want her to know how very, very much her efforts are appreciated. She is having a special group on June 17th. She will post more later-please save the date-it's gonna ROCK.

Less than 2 weeks till RYD. If you haven't done so already, go buy some REALLY dark sunglasses, cuz I DO wear a bathing suit and I DO love me some beach (right TERRY ANN ???)...and I don't care who see me slappin' and flappin'...i'm getting sooooooo excited!!!!!!

Okay...gotta get motivated here....

I LOVE Y'ALL AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT!!!!

Gina AKA Nurse Diva

RNY 4-22-02...

We Can Do Hard Things

ttambo
on 5/3/09 9:16 pm - Galveston, TX
I will be RIGHT THERE WITH YA on the beach!!  Flapping/Slapping skin and all

back in Galveston
Current Galveston weather from the Weather Channel

“Serenity is not freedom from the storm, but peace amid the storm?
Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway.
John Wayne

OH Support Group Leader

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 43 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 117 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 427 views