URGENT PRAYERS NEEDED FOR MY FRIEND !!!!

Vivian Prouty
on 5/5/09 1:13 am - Fort Worth, TX
I am writing this with a heavy heart.   I have a friend who I have had for 10 yrs.   Her son and my oldest were in the Navy together and were best friends.    She was diagnoised with throat cancer 3 yrs ago and was given 6 months to live.    She took agressive treatment and it went into remission.    18 months ago she was diagnosed with cancer somewhere else...can't remember where but I have not been able to reach her for months ( fax machine kept picking up my calls ).   But I got a phone call from her daughter last night and asked me to please contact her or her mom ASAP !!!   Well.....I got through to her this AM.   She was extremely confused I could tell by her talking and then I spoke briefly with her husband.   He said that her days are numbered here and that they have given her NO hope at all for getting better.    I feel so very guilty for not staying in constant contact with her or one of her 2 children !!!  I would like to ask you all to say a special prayer for her, her husband of 35 yrs and her children.    I am also grieved by all this too.   I love this dear lady so very much.   I am sorry that I have gotten so wrapped up in my "own " life and forgotten about her and her needing me as a friend.   Please pray that God will take all her pain away and let her go in peace when he sees fit to remove her from this earth.   Also pray for her family that will remain.    Thanks so much.   Give someone you love a big hug today or call people and let them know that you love them and what they mean to you....you never know when someone dear to you will be gone forever.     None of us have any guarantees of being here on this earth tomorrow !!!   Thanks so much for praying for my friend Mary Ann and her family.   I wish I could go see her.....but she lives in Pa. and that isn't possible to do that now.   Love you all.  Thanks again !!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Jennifer M.
on 5/5/09 1:17 am - Little Elm, TX
Prayers going up, not only for her & her family, but for you.  Let the guilt go, and use that energy to send her love and love those around you.  I would bet that she wouldnt want your guilt, just the love.

Blessings,

Jenn
Vivian Prouty
on 5/5/09 1:21 am - Fort Worth, TX
Thank you Jenn....you are right.   I have tried so many times to get her....but that darn fax would come on and hurt my ears.    Just didn't realize with her living so far away that she had gotten that bad.    Last time we spoke ( around the holidays ) she was good.     How quickly things can change though.    Thanks so much for praying for me in addition to her family.   I just don't want her to suffer but she sounded so very heavily medicated....I doubt that she is in pain.  

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.

cajungirl
on 5/5/09 1:28 am
Vivian, feeling guilty isn't going to do you or Mary Ann any good.  We all get busy in life taking care of other things and since we are just one person can't do everything or be there for everyone, all the time.  Try to ditch that thinking that you could of done more, it's not necessary.

I'm so sorry for the family to have to go through this along with you.  I'll definitely add Mary Ann to my daily prayers and that God comforts the family and her friends too during this time.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Vivian Prouty
on 5/5/09 1:34 am - Fort Worth, TX
Thanks Dana.....I really appreciate it.     18 months ago she didn't think that she would live very long and told me that she really wanted to meet me face to face before she died.    So I bought a airline ticket and flew to her side and spent 4 days with her.    We were already really good friends talking on the phone all the time.    So she did get her wish to meet me in person.    Just wish that I had known that she had gotten so bad lately and I would have called everyday till I reached her.    Good friends are hard to come by sometimes.    I love this lady like a sister....just got busy living my life and busy with my son's senior year.    I do hurt for her family so much !!!  They are wonderful Christian people and I know that they will be OK...but still death is no easy thing to accept.    Thanks for your prayers....I am going to pray and let go of all the guilt that I am now feeling....I know Mary Ann wouldn't want me feeling this way !!!!    Have a great day !!!

Misty750342002
on 5/5/09 2:33 am - Frisco, TX
I am sorry to hear about your friend.  I know we all get busy in our everyday lives and say we are going to contact friends and that time just never gets here.  Remember the good times you had with her and her family.  Pray for a peaceful journey to meet her Lord and Savior.

Karen
Vivian Prouty
on 5/5/09 3:04 am - Fort Worth, TX
Thank you so much Karen for the prayers....I know I appreciate it and I know for a fact her family will too.   She is only 56 !!!

Sarah448
on 5/5/09 2:37 am - Friendswood, TX
I am sorry to hear about your friend and I know you are hurting.  Prayers going up for her, her family and you.

Vivian Prouty
on 5/5/09 3:05 am - Fort Worth, TX
Thanks so much Sarah....all we can do is pray for her to go to heaven in peace and without pain.   We have had such great conversations in the past.    I loved her like a sister.   Precious lady....heaven will be much greater with her there when God decides to take her home.

Becky_TX
on 5/5/09 4:04 am - Hurst, TX
My dearest Vivian ~ saying prayers for Mary Ann, her family and YOU!!!  Like everyone has already told you dont beat yourself up.  We ALL are guilty of not keeping in touch with people as much as we would like or should.  We are busy with life, work, kids, family and etc........I always say I wish there were more hours in a day.

Sending lots of hugs and prayers to you and your friend!!

B~
Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 43 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 117 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 427 views