NEED HELP 9 MONTHS OUT

amytang81
on 4/10/11 2:27 am
VSG on 07/28/10 with
I am about 9 months out and I am getting tired of food. I can not think of anything too fix or cook. Please give me some ideas. I eat the same old stuff.

Tuna daily at lunch Mon- Fri
Grilled chicken, grilled fish, or shrimp for dinner
Plus some veggies without butter

Any new ideas would be great!!!!

~~~Amy~~~        
USAF Wife
on 4/10/11 2:32 am
Check out allrecipes.com

I tweaked so many recipes to make them more "sleeve friendly" because I was the same way. I got way adventurous in the kitchen, and it really helped.

Changing flavor profiles and textures of food really helps. I have over 400 recipes in my recipe box on allrecipes and have made probably 200-250 of them, a lot of them are similar recipes that I've picked 2 or 3 variations from those recipes and made my own recipe based on other users notes and base recipes.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Jeep1974
on 4/10/11 2:52 am - MI
Veggie burgers with ketchup, mustard, pickle.... No bun? There are yummy black bean burgers that are frozen, too. Maybe a little plain greek yogurt and salsa on top? Fake chicken nuggets with low fat ranch.... Beef or turkey jerky.... Hommous on cucumbers with feta....

amytang81
on 4/10/11 2:54 am
VSG on 07/28/10 with
Thanks guys!

wert
on 4/10/11 2:54 am - MN
Shelly has a ton of ideas. Check out her Eggface blog.

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/ 

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

amytang81
on 4/10/11 3:44 am
VSG on 07/28/10 with
What is your favorite thing from eggface?
sundaymorning
on 4/10/11 4:27 am
For eggface bites, you can freeze them for later or you can refrigerate them for a later day.  I found this really helpful.  I also make chicken salad but I found recipes online for "buffalo chicken salad" and "Almond chicken salad".. try and find a way to tweak normal recipes.  That way it's not a huge hassel to try and come up with something, that's the only thing I hate about surgery.  Sometimes you don't want to prepare EVERYTHING! lol good luck
Bernadette S.
on 4/10/11 2:58 am - MI
I am less than a month out - still on soft foods.  I found a recipe book written by Rocco Dispirito called "Now Eat This."  It is restaurant recipes remade to be low-cal and low-fat but maintaining a wonderful taste.  The pictures make my mouth water - and I honestly can't wait to try them.  It will certainly take the dullness out of a plain menu - and stay within our guidelines :)

Bernadette

amytang81
on 4/10/11 3:06 am
VSG on 07/28/10 with
Cool I will totally go check this book out. I LOVE BOOK!!!
Elaine2
on 4/10/11 3:05 am - Atlanta, GA
Here's a low carb site and I think most of the recipes are for basically small quantities if your cooking for 1 or 2.  I also am getting a little bored with the same thing...shimp/scallops/fish and vegetables.  Tried some turkey meatballs from Trader Joe's last evening...really dense but tasty.

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 236 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 308 views