Good and bad...

AuntieLoLo
on 6/11/11 1:20 pm - VA
VSG on 12/20/10 with
Today, I hit the 100 pound lost point.  It was a great feeling.  I went from 263 to 163, a size 22W to a size 10/12, having had surgery on 20 December.  I should be on top of the world.

However, I am miserable.  Not because of the surgery, or anything related to the surgery.  I have developed a strange numbness and discomfort in both of my legs.  It started with an odd numbness of the skin on the tops of my knees.  I just thought it was from the friction of my yoga pants during my walks. (before this all started, I was walking 6 miles a day).  Then, I developed this pain in my feet.  I chalked that up to neuroma's and made an appointment with a podiatrist.  But the numbness has reached my feet.  I am completely numb from my toes to the midthigh on both legs.  I went to my prmary care provider yesterday and she took blood and is sending me to the hospital for a CT scan of my brain to "rule out neurological causes."  I am a little freaked out and super uncomfortable.

I know that this is a strange combination of factors, so I am not writing to ask if anyone has experienced anything similar...  just feel the need to vent a little. 

I mean, come on!!  Can't I just enjoy my new body for, like, a month before it craps out on me?!  How unfair is it that I have spent all this time, energy and money (I was a self-pay in an American hospital) to better myself, only to have health problems I never had before the surgery??  (I was the healthiest fat girl on the block...(

UGGH!

Thanks for listening to my rant.  Back to lurking a bit.
TennDee
on 6/11/11 1:56 pm
Hi I suffer from what you described before my surgery and the surgery had nothing to do with it.
Just a Checklist to see if you have had anyting like this.
Lower Back Pain
Disc Pain
Sciatica
I have those and they show with a MRI of your lower back,  MRI's are safe too, just long and noisy!! 
Hope this  helped!

vjb1952
on 6/11/11 2:22 pm - Littlerock, CA
VSG on 03/28/11 with
Hi Sweetie; first of all congratulations on your awesome results so far...that is really a remarkable loss in 6 short months...WOW!  and so sorry those results are accompanied by such a scary health "wet blanket"...you should be enjoying life instead of worrying about what's going on with your body.  Know that I will keep you in my prayers. Best wishes, Viv 

vjb1952

Ms. Poker Face
on 6/11/11 2:56 pm
 I have not struggled with this issue, but having struggled with low B12 and talking to others who've also had low B12... this can be a symptom.  So my only recommendation is to have the doctor check your levels to see if you're low.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views