just a bit of reassurance is what i need please help if youve already been sleeved

samslim
on 10/21/11 8:33 am
everyones posts have helped me so much thank you all for posting.... now come on feb so i can see for myself :) bless you all!
Faith is taking the first step even when you dont see the whole staircase... MLK jr.
lowplaces
on 10/21/11 5:23 pm

I have had a few other surgeries, including c-sections. This surgery was so much easier than the others! I had outpatient surgery on a Friday. Other than the meds in my IV I never took anything else other than Tylenol, never filled my prescriptions. (Keep in mind often pain meds can cause nausea)

The next day I went to watch my son in a Parade (had a chair & water bottle). Then I headed to part of a HS football game to watch my other son. Keep in mind most strenuous thing I did was walk, which was good for me. I was uncomfortable and sore but I would have felt the same if I had stayed home.

I felt good enough to go back to work by the following Wednesday and I don't have a desk job. The hardest thing for me during the first week was bending over and picking things up off the floor, uncomfortable but not painful.

I am 3 weeks out today and I feel I am back to 100%. I know I my story sounds a little easier than most but I think all my walking on day 2 helped my recovery. Not to mention my surgeon did a wonderful job!

Lowplaces
abrown8434
on 10/23/11 4:24 am - VA
Fortunately my surgeon operates at the hospital that is 10 minutes away from our house. My pain level was never more than a 2 or 3. The hospital staff was experienced and provided me with the best of care.

Coming home I dealt w/soreness more than actual pain after the first three days. I only took Percoset for the first three days and after that there were some days I'd take 1/2 of one if the soreness got on my nerves or I couldn't sleep.

However, once surgery was over and I it was time to go home, (I was in the hospital for 12 hours--out patient), I was ready to GO HOME! You have to consider that when you have to fly back after having surgery. I know several people on the board posted that they were fine but you really need to think about that part of it.

One thing about VSG or any WLS procedure is that every single person is different. Some people had less pain than I did or said they had no pain. Some people have excruciating pain even months later. I had no nausea or vomiting others have for weeks or months on in. There is no way to tell what your experience is until you have it. So, hope for the best and prepare for the worse is my motto.

Best of luck to you,

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 164 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 440 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 462 views