exercising alot, whats the problem

ot2005byrd
on 4/15/12 7:55 am
1 year sleeve post op and have not lost as much as some, but I am still fine with what I have lost BUT... Currently I workout 5 days a week and burn around 700 calories each time I go to the gym, but no weight loss in 3 months. I get my protein and watch my carbs, but I am getting a bit frustrated. Is anyone in the same boat????
Could I be working out too much???? I eat about 1200 calories on a regular basis. I still have 40lbs to lose.
KB1964
on 4/15/12 8:13 am
Same here, not complaining have lost 106 lbs but nothing last four months. I exercise 5 to 6 times a week and burn 750 to 1000 calories on cardio alone not counting the strength training I do. I keep my calories about 900 to 1100. Mostly about 1000. The scale won't budge. My doctor does nt want me to lower the calories. He says "it will happen" but when? I still to lose another 40 lbs. I am two weeks past my one year anniversary. I am getting my protein at 80- 100 grams and I am getting my water in. Someone tell me what to do.
ot2005byrd
on 4/15/12 8:25 am
My friend told me today, You should be a size 2 with all the work you are doing. I am going to change of my food choices a bit, drink more water, and add more strength training and see what it yields. Almost tempted to do pre op diet for 2 weeks to see if that will kick start me again *thats craziness*. Should it really take going that extreme to break this cycle. My Doc says it could take 1 year to 18 months to lose 75% of your excess weight. So that gives me until September to reach that goal, but if something doesn't start happening soon I am going to be in the crazy ward. Wishing you success.
Pkrplyr777
on 4/15/12 9:26 am - CT

Oh, i hear ya. But I dont have any great advice. I keep at it though and have found that the weight does eventually keep coming off. Slowly, to be sure. But it does keep coming off.

i just lost a long awaited pound after 3 weeks.

donna

HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
TammySJ
on 4/15/12 9:43 am - Davenport, IA
Hi, I am 2 years out and about 20-30lbs from my goal weight. I was the same weight for about 8 months...not losing anything but still maintaining my loss of 80 lbs. I was cool with that as I was enjoying life and was able to eat and drink whatever I wanted (within reason) and did not gain anything back. I had started exercising a year ago so that probably helped me to not gain anything. I am very happy with my weight loss but now I want to lose more and get down to my doctor's goal for me which is 150 (so I have 20 more to go). I started to get serious in February after I had gained 7 lbs in Dec and January because I couldn't exercise as I had vein work done on my legs. Below is what I have been doing and its slow going but I'm losing again. I've lost 13 lbs since Feb 1st.

I eat 800-900 calories a day
I drink 8 - 10 glasses of water a day
I keep my protein at 70-90 grams a day
I keep my carbs at 40-50
I journal my food everyday - when I don't, I don't lose!
I exercise 6 times a week and just started weight lifting.

It's really no secret...I have to be watching what I put in my mouth and exercise. It gets very frustrating as I want to see the scale go down, but it simply just doesn't like it did in the beginning. But if I do all the above things CONSISTANTLY, then I see a loss. Its when I don't journal on the weekends and don't keep track of my carbs that gets me every time. I have to be honest with myself because I know when I'm not doing what I should be doing, in order to lose.

Okay, sorry for the long response, but this is what I've found in my 2 years of experience with the sleeve. I love my sleeve and would not trade anything for this experience and for my newfound life. I'm going to Mexico in a couple of months and its the first vacation that I am thrilled to plan what I'm wearing vs dreading wearing shorts and bathing suits and etc. What a change and what a wonderful thing!!!

Good luck ladies and keep it real and you will do fine. Anyway that's what works for me.

My best to you....

Tammy

hwag5149
on 4/15/12 10:35 am
Is your body changing at all?

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

ot2005byrd
on 4/15/12 10:53 am
My body changes more upper than lower like my waist is 37in but my hips are a 49in long from 48in waist and 62in hips. I carried alot of my wieght in my entire lower body. Pear shape for sure.

I am gonna keep working adding in more weight training to help build muscle and see how that goes.
BETHC500
on 4/15/12 10:45 am
Is there anyway you can get with a trainer to change things up... they can show you how to do the routines fit for you and every 4 weeks or so they change it again. Your body gets used to what ever work out you are doing. Our bodies are fat storing machines and they are very good at adapting to every variation in our intake of calories and our physical activities. We have to change it up often to basically confuse our bodies. If you find a trainer to set up a program for you, work out with you a few times and then you go on your own for a while. Then you go back to the trainer for progress and changes in routine. Your weight will begin to drop even faster.  Otherwise if your doing it yourself, do the research. set a program for yourself and change it every 4 weeks. What you do, how your work out, intensity(you got to sweat alot), weight or resistance training, etc...  Hope it helps... Peace.......

ot2005byrd
on 4/15/12 10:55 am
Thanks!
RHCP
on 4/17/12 2:27 am - Poughkeepsie, NY
I have lost about 15 lbs since November- and although the number doesnt seem to move inches def have I was a size 12 and I didnt do anymore clothes shopping BC the scale wasnt moving... about two weeks ago I went shopping with a friend and am now a size 6!

I started execrising at the gym doing a lot of cardio ntnig- and have noticable muscles especially in my legs.

It is a bit frustrating BC I had set my goal at 120lbs- BC I am 5ft 1 but I also realize how much weight do I have from excess skin that's never going to come off so I am rethinking that goal weight.

GOOD LUCK! And your not alone!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views