Weird Experience

Keith L.
on 10/7/12 10:58 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12
I just switched from clears to full liquids. My doc's post op instructions said to introduce drinkable yogurt so I drank a baby drinkable yogurt. 20 minutes later I was sweating and light headed. This passed after a half hour.

Has anyone else experienced this? Does this mean the yogurt was a no go for my revised stomach? I was walking around a Home Depot at the time but the amount of sweat was not warranted for my level of activity. 

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

econtiff
on 10/7/12 11:00 am - FL
VSG on 04/24/12
How much sugar was in it? Since surgery, especially in the beginning, if I had something remotely "sweet" it made me feel gurgly and yucky.
Keith L.
on 10/7/12 11:14 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12
 It did have a lot of sugar in it and that was one of my guesses was that it was loaded with sugar 22g. So I have to find something with less. Drinkable yogurt is really for kids so I didn't really see anything that was reduced or sugar free.
ParisGirl
on 10/7/12 11:16 am
VSG on 04/25/13
 How about Plain Greek yogurt thinned with milk or almond milk and flavored with SF torani syrup??

ordinarybeauty
on 10/7/12 1:18 pm
VSG on 09/27/12
I sometimes get sweaty if I drink too much or too fast. sip sip sip

Calking
on 10/7/12 2:59 pm
VSG on 05/31/12
My guess is you drank too fast.  I did that once with a protein shake and my heart was beating fast, light headed, and a little sweating.  Although it was followed up with heart burn.  Worst case ever.  But I wasn't taking anything for heartburn at the time either.

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

Brittany R.
on 10/7/12 11:28 pm
 I got sick on Banana Popsicles this weekend. it had very little sugar in it and I started sweating and my stomach was getting that tight feeling. Ugh.
slatond
on 10/8/12 12:33 am
I had this happen w/ a Atkins prot bar.... I think in my case there were 2 reason ... #1 -- eating to fast on way to workout and #2 -- It was high in sugar alcohol.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 196 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 282 views