Soft Low Carb Beef Recipe

Keith L.
on 10/10/12 11:22 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12
Here is a recipe my mother has cooked for as long as I can remember. Thought I would share it with all of you. It is low carb and if you use fat free beef broth and trim the meat could be low fat as well.

http://www.mybigfatfoodie.com/shredded-beef/

k

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

louisamay
on 10/10/12 11:28 pm
VSG on 04/27/12
Excellent!  I cook my pot roasts that way, in the oven at a very low temp until they are falling apart.  And yes, my first bite of real food (11 days post surgery because my surgeon believes in starting solids as soon as possible) was a teeny bite of soft, tender pot roast that I had minced.  It was delicious and I had no probs.

I also didn't try any more real food for three or four more days.  Then I ate shrimp.  And again, no probs.  I consider myself lucky and don't advise anybody else doing such things unless their doc tells them to!

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

Keith L.
on 10/10/12 11:54 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12
you are lucky. I don't get soft foods until 21 days post-op (not even half way there yet) and solids until sometime after 28 days post-op.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

louisamay
on 10/10/12 11:57 pm
VSG on 04/27/12
I have no idea why my surgeon's advice is different. A few others have posted similar things, but we are certainly in the minority.  When I say I'm lucky, though, I'm actually referring to the fact that I was able to eat these things without any problems.  I see so many people who are struggling to get a few swallows down that I recognize I'm lucky in that way.  I have never had foamies.  My tummy was always "cast iron" and seems to still be.

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 200 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 282 views