I Ate Some Food!

Keith L.
on 10/15/12 10:27 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12
I still have 5 days left of my liquids before going to soft food but after I ate some soup tonight for the 20th time since full liquids I ate a small piece of watermelon and a small bite of quinoa. It was glorious. I will not cheat again, but it was so nice to be able to chew something. 

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

jennydemerice
on 10/15/12 10:36 am - Gonzales, LA
Did it hurt? Get stuck? I am so scared to go off plan. I eat ONLY what is on my list and before I will add anything I have to wait to talk to my NUT. I would like to branch out but worry about how I will know if it's OK.
Jenn

Keith L.
on 10/15/12 10:40 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12
 No pain, nothing stuck. You just have to chew really well and take it slow.

RedStar98
on 10/15/12 10:39 am - Johnston, RI
VSG on 10/02/12
Omg.... Its been 2 weeks of protein drinks. Soups both broth and pureed, and water...i cheated tonight as well..and took a very small sliver of pulled pork I had made in the crockpot for the family, it was so small, and I chewed it into oblivion, I was so nervous...lol, and I licked the spoon after mixing mashed potatoes... I've been beating myself up since I did it...so glad I'm human too!

Thanks
carol
Keith L.
on 10/15/12 10:44 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12
 No guilt! Pulled pork in on my list to make next week. SkinnyTaste.com has a lot of crock pot pork, beef, and a buffalo chicken recipe that sounded really good.

TaylorH7682
on 10/15/12 10:39 am - NJ
VSG on 10/08/12
 How did it go down?  I still have 7 days of full liquids but am dying to chew something! 

Keith L.
on 10/15/12 10:41 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12
 It went down pretty good. I have been progressing my soups to thicker and thicker soups. Costco has this Broccoli Cheese soup that is pretty good and its thick. I have also been swollowing pills for a bout a week so I probably cleared any constrictions.

Mcdowe485
on 10/15/12 10:52 am - Louisburg, NC
Two days prior to me going to Phase II, I started with thicker soups and everything was fine.  I also had Oatmeal which I thought was on Phase II, but really wasn't supposed to start it until Phase III.  I haven't eatten it since, trying to not jump the gun again.

frisco
on 10/15/12 10:57 am

Hey..... do what your gonna do.....post what you wanna post.....it's your choice/prerogative.......

I feel your enthusiasm...... 

But, we've seen this a hundred times now.......

Hate me, block me...... do what ya gotta do......

See how a post like this gets others that are hanging on by a thread......thinking it's OK to take the risk ???

Your on food progression for a reason...... gotta be smart.....

Eat all the crap you want after your healed..... you can't hurt yourself.... it just effects your weight loss......

Why encourage others to take a risk and provide validation ????

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Keith L.
on 10/15/12 11:09 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12
 Just like me you are entitled to an opinion. This is after all a discussion board, not a nursery. The idea is to discuss what you are going through, not protect everyone who is on the program. I don't think I was encouraging anyone to do what I did, however I wanted to hear some feedback from people who also started eating. I have been on a liquid diet for over 4 weeks now.

I appreciate your position but it is up to each person to listen to their doctor.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 201 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 283 views