Football is a Trigger

Keith L.
on 11/4/12 5:54 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

I discovered today that Football Sunday is my first real trigger. I made a healthy taco dip so I was able to eat a few bites of that and I did not indulge a lot today. Just a couple piece of cheese, a shriimp, and a couple peice (small cubes) of peperoni. So I survived BUT I was "hungry" the whole time and now that I have left the party I still feel "hungry".

I did make good choices today, but I was shocked at how bad I wanted to try everything and the big bowl of holloween candy on the table didn't help either. Not that i really cared that much about the candy, but the chips and dip were SCREAMING my name. "Come eat me *****!" is what they were saying. I think I can still hear them and they are 3 miles away now.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/12 5:58 am

Excellent, so now you know football is a trigger, so what strategies are you going to use to help you deal with it? 

Keith L.
on 11/4/12 6:04 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Well will power worked pretty well for me today. I can handle it since I do most of the cooking for football Sunday. I can make sure there is something I can enjoy form my snack and lunch (which is what I did today) and I stayed focused on the game. It worked out ok, but have to get my head right. I kept telling myself that I was not actually hungry.

This was my first game in this environment since my surgery so I think I will deal with it better moving forward. I do need some good strategies for dealing with head hunger. I should go to the gym right now, but I have work to catch up on with a deadline looming.

Laci M.
on 11/4/12 7:20 am
VSG on 10/09/12

Today was a bit of a trigger day for me, too.  The first "big" family dinner...parents, husband and aunt and uncle.  Me with my 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes and everyone else with heaping plates of meat and potatoes and veggies and rolls.  It was really hard for me.  

When I went to the kitchen to put my dish away, I snuck a few bites of the stuffing...I shouldn't have done that.  I felt bad and still do and I know I ate too much.  But, it was there and I was in a bad frame of mind.

I know how you feel.  I wish there were no triggers.

Keith L.
on 11/4/12 7:25 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Well don't feel bad about it, it serves no purpose. The stuffing was no worse than the mashed potatoes nutritionally speaking. Feeling bad about it does nothing for you. Knowing you shouldn't do it and NOT doing it serves you very well. You can't give into your old habits. You will not make it very far with this surgery if you do.

Laci M.
on 11/4/12 7:48 am
VSG on 10/09/12

I know...I've been having a bad last few days.  But, I know all of what you're saying.  My food addiction is just trying to get out...I'm trying to close it back in.  

Days like this suck.

TSinNC
on 11/4/12 7:48 am
VSG on 08/16/12

Identifying the trigger is great. Now you can prepare for it next time. You've got this!

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

desertmom
on 11/4/12 1:41 pm - Dubai, XX
VSG on 03/13/12
Hehehe,put your fingers in your ears and say..lalalalala!mIght not hear them then!

No seriously,triggers can also take a long time to change.I sit and wait for 2 hours every day for my kids to finish gymnastics.Before sleeve I sat and ate.Al kinds of rubbish.

I still sit and wait every day and still want to eat.(to hot in summer to do anything else)Now I have my protien pancakes ready as a snack and have become a serious Iphone gamer..lol.An expert on anything from angyr birds to majong to solitair to bubbles pop...the kids games but hey,they keep my hands busy.

Cucmber sticks,carrot sticks,beef jerky,string cheese that you peel of one string at a time and if I have to wei****chers spicy tortilla chips,only 100 cals,too many carbs but what can you do.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 128 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 375 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 414 views