11 day post op I'm starving why?

wilsont429
on 12/15/12 7:34 am - IN
I can't seem to get satisfied with the soft foods. I'm hungry all day long. What is this all about? I wasn't this hungry before surgery. Soup, yogurt, puddings isn't doing it! I'm about to purée some chicken! Anyone else doing this?
Keith L.
on 12/15/12 8:14 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Have you been taking any antacids or PPis? Your hunger is more than likely stomach acid. I had a couple of incidents since my surgery. Usually a couple of prevacids will clear me right up.

At 11 days satisfaction is in your head. The way I satisfied it was I thought about what I would eat if I could eat anything and then tried to eat something soft that was close to that flavor. For some reason I was craving roast beef and potatoes so made old fashioned beef stew, spun it up in a blender and poured it over some mashed potatoes. It was very good and it took care of my satisfaction.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

MuttLover
on 12/15/12 10:00 am
VSG on 11/14/12

What's your plan say?  On day 13, I started purees, so when are you supposed to start purees?  I added unflavored protein powder to soups and puddings, and added chocolate syntrax to yogurtt.  Have you tried that?

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

Nichole E.
on 12/15/12 12:43 pm - Chisago City, MN

Head hunger???  Satisfaction is more of an emotional/mental feeling than a physical feeling.  See if you can distinguish between the two.  We spent so many years depending on food to fulfill our every need.  Often, when the food cannot fill that role anymore, we feel empty and "hungry" but not actual physical hunger.

sleevicidal_maniac
on 12/15/12 2:05 pm
I'm 4 months out and I'm still hungry most of the time unless i eat constantly. It does get better with time as you can eat more variety of foods. Protein really will fill you so find a powder that you like and you can use it as a crutch. I use muscle milk vanilla with Silk Fruit Protein drink or Blue Diamond almond and coconut milk. It's delicious and keeps me full for a while. Good luck.

wilsont429
on 12/15/12 8:37 pm - IN
Thanks guys! When I was reading some of these I thought it is not in my head! But this is exactly why I communicate with people on here, because for one part of it probably is in my head and the other part I'm really feeling it. So it's nice to hear others opinions so I try to balance out the real problem. You guys are real and honest and I need to hear from you when I thinks it's all about what I "think" I get humbled and appreciate all the advice I can get! I did try to purée chicken last night and it was so nasty! That settled that craving! Ha!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 409 views