Feel like I'm drowning!

Bella_Fein
on 1/3/13 11:13 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

I put myself on a schedule to drink water. Every 3 hours I need to finish 1 bottle of water. Doesn't sound like much and shouldn't be that difficult, but it is!! I have 5 bottles of water scheduled every day. It comes to 84.5 ounces. I have never been one to have a drink with me all the time. When I'm thirsty, I get a drink, I drink it all, then I'm done. I am trying so hard to get in the habit of having water with me at all times and keep sip sip sipping. I WILL do it and I will make it work, but dang it is a hard habit to get into. I think it's all in my head. I never had a problem sucking down a Route 44.

/end rant

Thanks for listening to me whine

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

pudgypants
on 1/3/13 11:19 am

Definitely get yourself some Mio, Crystal Lite, or other sugar free add-in....it will help. Yes, you are drowning, but better than IV ing at the hospital!

I am going to FIRE LANE BRYANT!!!     

VSG: 12/10/12  HW: 247   SW: 226   CW: 205.6  GW: 150 

Bella_Fein
on 1/3/13 11:44 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

I tried Mio; I don't care for the after taste. Crystal Light I can do. Yes I would much rather be "drowning" than sitting in the hospital getting an IV!

MuttLover
VSG on 11/14/12

Do you mix anything in with your water?  I make SF KoolAid (cheaper than mio!) -- but there's a load of other stuff, and some of it packaged in water bottle portions already. 

I also drink Lipton diet green tea (citrus).  I find that I "suck it down" a lot easier, faster, etc., if it's flavored. 

Also, I swear by my CamelBak (model = Eddy) water bottle with the bite valve straw.  Since you aren't bringing up air with every sip, my doc is fine with it.  So I literally can carry it around at work (and I have one for home) and suck down liquid.  I've used it since the day I got home from the hospital.

Good luck!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

Bella_Fein
on 1/3/13 11:45 am, edited 1/3/13 11:53 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

I have seen you mention the CamelBack a few times and will be purchasing one soon. SO far I haven't mixed anything in it. I used to. Will have to buy every flavor at the store and start trying them.

karismommy231
VSG on 11/05/12

I'm not the only one! I feel like I am swimming very uncomfortably if I drink a lot of water. never been a liquid drinker. Esp little sips all throughout the day. I just get mine in when I can. I never get the 64 oz mark. oh well.

I guess mind of matter right?? GL

~Jenny

HW: 235, SW: 227, CW: 152.0, 83 lbs lost since 10/22/12 --Fear less, hope more, eat less, chew more, whine less, breathe more, talk less, say more, hate less, love more, and good things will be yours.

Bella_Fein
on 1/3/13 11:53 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

I have a friend at work that drinks water all day long. Not because she has to just because she likes it. Weird

SuzyNZ
on 1/3/13 11:22 am
VSG on 09/17/12
It's definitely a challenge. My trick is to have water bottles all over the house, one in the car and one in my handbag, then Ive always got some with me.

It makes it a little harder to measure, but I definitely drink a lot more than I would if I just had one bottle as I would undoubtedly leave it in another room and forget about it until I realised I was thirsty.

Sounds like you have a plan though which is great

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

newyear_newme2013
on 1/3/13 11:39 am

Having a goal to drink so much water in a set amount of time is a good idea.  Thankfully I actually prefer to drink water over most other beverages. Water seems to be the only thing that really quenches my thirst. I love it 'ice cold' and always have a few bottles in the freezer waiting for me. I am hoping after surgery I will still be able to handle the 'ice cold' water,  as I have read on here a lot of people had trouble if it was not room temp or warmer. Since it is winter, that will help if I need to stick with warmer things to drink.

You are off to a great start and will do amazing!! Keep up the good work!!!

Bella_Fein
on 1/3/13 11:55 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

I prefer my water ice cold as well. I really slow down in drinking it when it gets warmer. Blegh.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 264 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views