Feel like I'm drowning!

Keith L.
on 1/3/13 11:39 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

I do the same thing. I have to drink 4 before I leave work and then in the evening 2 more. I try to stick to jus****er but occassionally I will add some Arizona Iced Tea sugar free mix to a bottle. They have a green tea one too. Also Mio is good and Dasante has a new product that is like Mio. I try to keep that to a minimum though. A lot of people on here drink the crystal light stuff too.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Bella_Fein
on 1/3/13 11:56 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

I like the Dasani Coconut Pineapple. I found myself drinking slower after I added it...? Not sure what's up with that, but I really did like it.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Elbie
on 1/3/13 11:53 am

Thankfully I have been able to tolerate water just fine post op. I do find that I drink tea *decaf) more quickly than water though. I hear you, I too feel like I am drowning. My docs want us to have 64 oz of fluid in ADDITION to our protein drinks (on stage 2). So I feel like ALL I do is drink, drink, drink. Sigh. I hope it will be easier to drink once I transition to soft foods tomorrow and am off protein drinks. Bring it! ;)

Bella_Fein
on 1/3/13 11:59 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

I love sweet tea. If I can drink tea with sweet-n-low then I'm set. I would think If it is ok to have the artificial stuff in all the "flavor enhancers" for water and SF syrups then I should be able to have sweet-n-low in my tea. Right?

slimpickins5280
on 1/3/13 12:22 pm - CO

I'm got in 112 oz today, but I average 100 a day.

Try to get used to drinking as much as you can. Water/fluids are crucial.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

Bella_Fein
on 1/3/13 12:44 pm - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

Wow. Yeah, I'm working on it. I have 45 days until surgery. Hoping to get some habits started now.

biancamauri
on 1/3/13 12:50 pm - Austin, TX

I think you should invest in getting a Vacuum Insulated Klean-Kanteen. Probably the best thing I've ever done. I feel like a baby and this is my bottle that I cannot do without! you can clip it on your bag and it wont leak plus it keeps your water cold for 24 hours, you can also put food in there and it won't leave the taste of previous liquids/foods that were in there before. Also, it's better for you than plastic bottled water.  

Marlo_S
on 1/4/13 2:00 am - NJ
VSG on 02/06/13
On January 3, 2013 at 8:50 PM Pacific Time, biancamauri wrote:

I think you should invest in getting a Vacuum Insulated Klean-Kanteen. Probably the best thing I've ever done. I feel like a baby and this is my bottle that I cannot do without! you can clip it on your bag and it wont leak plus it keeps your water cold for 24 hours, you can also put food in there and it won't leave the taste of previous liquids/foods that were in there before. Also, it's better for you than plastic bottled water.  

That sounds like a good idea!

Surgery Weight - 275 lbs

1st Month - 28 lbs

marlinski on MFP - Friend me! 

Bella_Fein
on 1/4/13 4:22 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

That sounds good. I like really cold water so something that will keep it cold would be nice!!

jarabacoagirl
on 1/3/13 2:02 pm
VSG on 12/17/12

Congrats on your surgery.  Going through the same thing myself with the water thing.  It's not easy but I heard it gets easier.  :-)

HW 302 lbs SW  279.8 lbs.  CW  193.8 lbs   MFP Jarabacoagirl  Preop diets 22.2 lbs, 1st month 21.2 lbs, 2nd month 14.6 lbs,  3rd month 11.2 lbs, 4th month 7 lbs, 5th month 7 lbs, 6th month 6.8 lbs, 7th month 5.2 lbs, 8th month 4.4 lbs 9 and 10th months slowed down didn't record exactly

108.2 lbs lost from highest weight!

(86.2 lbs of that was lost since surgery date)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 365 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 410 views