of all things good and bad.....

chiefsgirl3
on 1/16/13 2:43 am - IL
VSG on 06/05/12
I keep choosing the bad! Ugh......the holidays were a horror story with my eating!!! I gained 13 pounds!!!! My fault yes. So I have lost 7 of those 13 pounds but I am having a heckuva time with birthdays and pot lucks and everything else in the office! I know I have to cut this out!!! I am only 25-30 lbs from goal!!! I have got to get my motivation back!!

mary d
on 1/16/13 2:45 am

Congratulations on the 7 lbs.  You are very close to goal, don't worry about getting there fast, just keep working at it and don't give up.

Lap Band 2006  

VSG 2008

chiefsgirl3
on 1/16/13 5:40 am - IL
VSG on 06/05/12

Thank you!

Keith L.
on 1/16/13 2:47 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

I gave myself a big out on office stuff. I told everyone about my surgery and my eating plan and I am confident that if it even looked like I was about to deviate I would have 30 people say "What the heck are you doing?". Don't be afraid to empower the people around your to ridicule you for going off plan.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

chiefsgirl3
on 1/16/13 5:41 am - IL
VSG on 06/05/12

VERY good idea!!  I may have to try that!!

Shagdoll
on 1/16/13 2:56 am

Good for you for wanting to get back on track.  I always think it is better to try to get that quick weight gain off sooner rather than later.  I am struggling with the same thing.  Problem is, I am actually terrified of the scale right now so I'm trying my best to not get discouraged from this obvious water retention I have going on.  I haven't felt this crappy in a long time!!!  And here I have a fantastic weekend planned with great friends.  I gotta make sure I dont make this a flippin free for all!!

We can do this.  Let's try to make the best choices we can. 

Jenn  

WWBD?  

chiefsgirl3
on 1/16/13 5:42 am - IL
VSG on 06/05/12

Thanks Jenn!  Have fun this weekend!!

(deactivated member)
on 1/16/13 2:58 am

Like there are rules for VSG and WLS eating, I have developed a few rules of my own to help me stay on track. You might want to do the same for yourself. One of my rules has become, "I will not eat food left in the break room or office or lunch room". What I call "free food" has always been a weakness for me. I have trouble with moderate eating of certain types of food (cookies, baked goods, sugar-fat-flour combo foods) and it is better for me just to say no. Maybe developing a few rules that are specific to your needs would be helpful.

Remember, your sleeve is only a tool. Your brain has to do most of the work on this journey! Good luck. I am hoping to read your post about reaching goal very soon!

chiefsgirl3
on 1/16/13 5:44 am - IL
VSG on 06/05/12

Thank you!  Cookies are my weakness!!  If they had just brought the stupid red velvet cupcakes I'd have been good, but ooooh nooooo....somebody had to bring in the cookies that taste like butterfingers!!  no

pudgypants
on 1/16/13 7:44 am

Just keep telling yourself that you did not have the horrid surgery to not kick booty!!! Every time you want something that is not good for you, walk away, drink some water, do an activity, then ask yourself if you will be better for eating eat or if it will just get you back to the crappy place that brought you to VSG!!!

I am going to FIRE LANE BRYANT!!!     

VSG: 12/10/12  HW: 247   SW: 226   CW: 205.6  GW: 150 

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 201 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 283 views