NSV - funny

jjldh_va
on 2/5/13 12:51 am
VSG on 10/09/12 with

OK, I go to work every day.  My group is so small its only two of us, but I see other people on my floor and in the break room regularly.  I am down 64.4 lbs and TODAY is the FIRST day someone has said to me "OK, you really need to tell me what you are doing, cause it is working!"

It was nice to hear, but do you have any idea how long I was waiting for someone to notice?!?!  LOL!!

~JJ~    Surgery w/ Dr. Alvarez on Oct 9 2012  ~ HW 300?? ~ SW280.0 ~ CW 217.6

Keith L.
on 2/5/13 12:53 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Sounds about right. I was down about 60 or 70 when work people really started saying something. Now that I am down over 100 I have had several people not even recognize me.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

AngieB2011
on 2/5/13 2:22 am - MD
VSG on 03/19/12

This weekend a lady told me she was thinking I had gone back to school, but then she got closer to me and realized I wasn't my daughter!!  Hahahaha!!

Keith L.
on 2/5/13 2:32 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Nice. Last weekend I was standing next to my business partners at an event when a person we have known for many years came up and hugged them both hello. I was feeling like "what the hell" since I am the one who maintains that particular relationship. She goes "Where's Keith?". I was like "Oh yeah baby!" Love those NSV's. Last week two co-workers I haven't seen in a couple of months walked right past me not realizing it was me.

Its funny when people who I do see a lot finally realize, they go "there's something different about you". I always go "new haircut". About 80% of the time they go "Oh..Yeah, thats it". I get a good laugh out of it.

pineview01
on 2/5/13 12:54 am - Davison, MI

I was over 50 the first time someone noticed when I got the band.  And that was after 8 months.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

kelsan2525
on 2/5/13 1:10 am

Congratulations on your successes!  Sometime people feel uncomfortable to bring up someone else weight, even in a positive way.  Even if people aren't saying anything, I'm sure they're thinking it.  Keep up the great work!

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/13 1:25 am

I was a lightweight and no one notices until I lost 40 pounds and was around 150.  People are very self absorbed and really are not paying attention to us as much as we think they are or should be.  It's funny, but reassuring too in a way.

Keith L.
on 2/5/13 2:33 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

People must have thought you were reverse aging thought. When I look at your before pic and your profile pic you look significantly younger.

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/13 4:00 am

Thank you Keith.  It really shocked me that I thought I looked so very different, but no one and I mean no one, said a thing until it was truly striking and then everyone was just "shocked" by the "sudden" change.  :)

AngieB2011
on 2/5/13 2:19 am - MD
VSG on 03/19/12

Cool!!  I think people notice but they just don't say anything. Maybe due to uncertainness or whatever the case may be. But at a certain point it just gets real obvious.

Case in point. I was talking/looking at someone in church this past Sunday. And I thought to myself is she getting smaller? Later my mom was like did you talk to so and so? And I was like yeah is she losing weight. My mom was like yeah.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 246 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views