Not sure if I am full... not eating anymore

Bella_Fein
on 3/4/13 11:20 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

I am very good about drinking 2-3 shakes a day and getting 60-90 grams of protein a day. Today I wanted to taste something so I did. I am allowed thin pureed veggies on my liquid stage. So, I bought some Organic pureed winter squash. I got my tiny bowl and started filling it up. My doctor says 3-4 ounces, but that much in my little bowl looked like way too much. I put some back and only took 1/4 cup. I don't think I even ate half of it. I have this feeling like the food is staying in my throat , but it's not and it's not bad or painful. I don't know, it just feels weird. I stopped eating. Maybe I am full and it's the pressure at my esophageal sphincter..?  I think I am full. I don't know what else it could be. I don't know if I am over analyzing this or what. It's making me nervous, I want to stick to under eating my sleeve, but I don't know how to do that if I can't feel anything!!!!!!  I'm probably making this a much bigger deal than it is. I think the veggies may have been too thick...maybe...maybe...maybe... lol

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Rubielee
on 3/4/13 11:33 am - OR
VSG on 02/14/13

Bella, I know just how you feel!!  The only time I do feel anything is if I eat to fast, which I rarely do.  I eat 1/4 of tuna or chicken salad for lunch and dinner and I'm ok with that amount and then shakes as snacks.  I don't feel full or hungry, so I guess that's good.  I don't know what I would do if I couldn't measure. So far I seem to be tolerating all things protein.  I think we're both doing awesome and it's ok if we need to pull back sometimes!! 

Bella_Fein
on 3/4/13 11:41 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

This is the 1st time I have had anything other than shakes, soup or jell-o. So, I may have panicked a little... I think I just want so bad to make sure I do not mess this up that it kinda scares me. I have tolerated anything and everything I have tried perfectly. I have no issue with fluids. Things are perfect. I want it to stay that way.

Rubielee
on 3/4/13 11:56 am - OR
VSG on 02/14/13

I hear ya, it's normal to panic a little. Better to be cautious and go slow.  If you end up making tuna fish or chicken salad, make sure to puree it a ton!! It's almost a creamy texture, but sill tastes like tuna fish ​ect. mail

Bella_Fein
on 3/4/13 12:16 pm - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

I start those kinds of foods next Monday. I am excited and nervous of course. I think I may get up early for work and make myself an egg and hope I don't die!! lol

I hear most people can't eat a whole egg so I have intentions to only eat 1/4 to 1/2 of it. We will see!! Thank you for the support!

Rubielee
on 3/4/13 12:26 pm - OR
VSG on 02/14/13

You got it girl!

christinahelena
on 3/4/13 12:15 pm, edited 3/4/13 8:17 pm - CA
Hi... Measuring is the way to go during the whole process, so you're spot on with that! With liquids, my dr. Of I remember correctly, says no more than 1 ounce every 15 minutes in the beginning for sure. What you felt is " full" . I am 5 months out and I still don't feel it in my stomach region, I feel it in my throat! Since your sleeve is tubular and more like an extension of your esophagus , you will feel it there... Like you described, a stuck type feeling. Best to stop before you get it, but definitely when you feel that tightness don't Go for even one bite or swallow more! That's also why it's so important to go slow...or you'll miss the signal and overdo and get foamies/slimiest....it will feel really stuck and hurt in your throat/ chest... And you'll be in the bathroom spitting out slinky saliva ( that there is now no room for****il it passes of you regurgitate! Not fun!

So... That is your full... Some people hiccup of burp or get z runny nose... Some just get the tight.

Your nerves were cut... So it's normal not to feel in stomach .

. If your dr said puréed veggies okay... Maybe try a veggie broth?? And go slow... Retrain.

You're still swollen !

All the best

Ps eggs can be hard for many people... If on your plan may do better to start with plain fage Greek yogurt, or nf ricotta cheese flavored with sf torani or sf jello pudding dry mix...if scrambled eggs do really soft and go slow!! Tiny bites!
Christina
Bella_Fein
on 3/4/13 12:18 pm, edited 3/4/13 12:25 pm - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

Very true! Thank you so much Christina!!

*edit* I have heard that eggs can be hard for some people. I definitely plan on very soft eggs and very slow bites. You may be right that I would be better to start with something easier. Maybe some ricotta would be good!

christinahelena
on 3/4/13 12:25 pm - CA
Still MY biggest challenge is to slow down my PA asked me if it was taking me 30 minutes to eat 2 Ounces of chicken.... Ummm... Now it will be!!
It's all very weird at first but you'll get the groove soon... And find your new normal.
Christina
shajoh
on 3/4/13 10:52 pm - Cleburne, TX
VSG on 11/27/12

This is all normal. Don't panic. It's like a whole new experience when eating. Take it really slow. It gets easier. 

Sharla

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 266 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views