Obligatory "one year" post, prom pics, and more!

moonglo82
on 3/29/13 12:48 am
VSG on 03/29/12

Just wanted to check in.  What a wild ride the last year has been!  In the last year I have lost half of by body weight; I started my preop diet at 251, and today I weigh 126.  I'm claiming the half a pound difference as water weight lol. 

I can honestly say that, if I had the opportunity to do this over or not do it at all, I would go right back to Mexico and do the same thing all over again.  It has really been worth it.  I am at my goal weight (have been for about two months now) and love shopping now... I need to be careful; it may become my new addiction... not good on a teacher's salary :)

Life in general has been pretty good lately for the most part.  I'm almost finished with my master's degree in English Education.  My marriage is getting stronger every day (we did have a little bump that we hit about a month ago, but things have gotten much better since then).  If my work situation would just straighten itself out, life would be great... but it's always something, right?

Here's a before pic, just for reference for those who don't know me.  This is my husband and me at Christmas a few years ago, before my husband's vsg (he did his about a year and a half before I did mine):

And this was last weekend when I chaperoned the prom for the school where I work:

This dress is very special to me.  I wore it as a teenager when I went to homecoming my freshman year of high school.  Soon after that dance, my anxiety problems took over and I ended up withdrawing from public school and homeschooling until I was old enough to get a GED.  Being able to wear that dress out in public again  brought back a lot of memories, some good and some bad, but it felt great to be able to say I could wear it lol. 

The necklace and earrings I'm wearing in these pics are also special because my husband went out and bought them specifically for prom.  He knew I was wearing a bracelet that had butterflies on it and knew I didn't have anything else that really matched that bracelet or the dress, so he surprised me with that set right before we left to go to the dance.  To me, butterflies are so symbolic of my journey, so the fact that I got to wear butterflies with my old dress was truly the topping off of the whole experience. 

The decision to have the sleeve really was probably the best thing I've ever done for myself.  The support I've gotten here, on mfp, and from my nearby friends who have also had the sleeve has been invaluable, and I don't know how I would have gotten this far without so much support.  Thank you to those of you who have supported and encouraged me along the way... hopefully things will calm down at work and school soon and I can go back to coming here more often as I like to do.

Happy Good Friday everyone, and have a great Easter Weekend :)

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

MomofMarch
on 3/29/13 12:51 am - GA

WOW! What a transformation!! You look amazing!

Don't worry about the bumps in the road. We all have them, and we all work through them in our own ways. Happy Easter!!

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 3/29/13 12:51 am
VSG on 10/09/12
You are both looking great! Congratulations!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

(deactivated member)
on 3/29/13 12:53 am
VSG on 06/04/12

You look amazing girl!!! So beautiful. If I didn't know better I'd think you were a student and not a chaperone!! WTG!!! 

debk21
on 3/29/13 12:59 am - Mansfield, TX

Beautiful pix & awesome post!  Thanks for sharing.  You look wonderful in that dress!

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

Puffessa
on 3/29/13 1:04 am

Thank you for sharing your update and your photos. They are very inspiring! And what a good looking couple. Yowza!

melly37
on 3/29/13 1:07 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12

All I can say is, "WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Great job!

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

stephanieplum
on 3/29/13 1:14 am
VSG on 06/27/12

Gorgeous!!!  

ParisGirl
on 3/29/13 1:23 am
VSG on 04/25/13

Wow. Just. Wow. I have a few tears in my eyes. As a pre-op this is so good to see. My surgery is in 4 weeks.

You are both stunning. And look so happy. And in love.

Faye56
on 3/29/13 1:24 am
VSG on 07/19/11 with

You look beautiful and such a wonderful story of the dress and jewelry! Your husband looks great also.

Congrats!

(I post earlier but don't know what happened to it ???)

"Encourage instead of criticize.  Love instead of hate.  Hope instead of doubt. Give instead of take.  Trust instead of worry.  We open our hearts to others so that they will be prompted to open their hearts to God"  Lucy Swindoll

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 267 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views