Popsicles Make Me Cry

Vanessa_M
on 5/3/13 2:47 am
I've read the articles about varying temperatures regarding food. Wasn't sure what it meant until I ate a popsicle last night. It was not the most fun part of this process but I survived it!

I am disappointed that I have gained weight since the surgery but everyone says it's the fluid from the surgery but it haven't read anything about that anywhere. Between the weight loss and the Popsicles it's been a tough two days home. I'm also struggling with the fluids.

Thanks for letting me vent!

VSG Surgery 4/30/2013

Dr. Rohit Patel, Cooper University Hospital 

Shagdoll
on 5/3/13 2:53 am

Vanessa, you will get thru this and thrive thru it all.  Chin up, you have a lot to look forward to.  Stay strong & you will reap the rewards with what our little sleeves have to offer!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Vanessa_M
on 5/4/13 11:26 pm

Thank you so much!

VSG Surgery 4/30/2013

susanhazel13
on 5/3/13 3:10 am - ME

I found I was better able to tolerate room temperature or warm food and liquids in the beginning.  It will get easier.  Best of luck to you

Vanessa_M
on 5/4/13 11:27 pm

Thank you!  I've stayed away from popsicles and cold things in general since then.  I haven't tried anything hot either.  I'm learning that this is a trial and error process and we learn as we go!

VSG Surgery 4/30/2013

louisamay
on 5/3/13 3:30 am
VSG on 04/27/12

Hang in there. And maybe find something besides popcicles to eat, if they're too cold for you.

You will lose that fat. And you're going to be feeling and looking great sooner than you think!

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

Vanessa_M
on 5/4/13 11:27 pm

Thank you so much!

VSG Surgery 4/30/2013

OregonGuy2012
on 5/3/13 4:00 am
VSG on 04/04/13

I gained 11 pounds in the hospital.  As soon as I was home and doing a lot of walking tha****er weight fell off really fast.  I am 4 weeks out and down 25 pounds plus the 11 pounds I gained in the hospital.  I have had a few 2-3 days stalls as I transition from different stages of my food intake.  Stay with it, it gets better day by day.

Vanessa_M
on 5/4/13 11:28 pm

Finally, tha****er weight is gone.  I can start counting the pounds now.  It's good to know about the stalls as I transition.  I would have been ready to jump off a bridge!  LOL

VSG Surgery 4/30/2013

dianabanana
on 5/3/13 7:32 am
Hi Vanessa, im only 3 weeks out but I understand about the gain. I did it too but the following week it was off. It will get easier...righr now im just trying pureed foods and its filling me up Fast.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 365 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 410 views