HORRIBLE DAY... Need a pep talk...

jlangley
on 7/16/13 10:45 am - NC
VSG on 08/05/13
So, I completed the Upper GI / EKG yesterday (newly dx with Reflux)... all of that was fine - no problem!

TODAY, however, was a totaly nightmare! Psych eval this morning went fine... then off to the nutrition appt. I had taken a seat in the waiting room with one leg under me (sitting on one leg) and proceeded to check email / play games on my phone. When the nut called me, he startled me... I jumped up and very gracefully fell flat on my face... my leg had gone to sleep... Now, I am lugging around a lovely pair of crutches and air-cast boot. UGH! Tonight, I'm in the sleep center... wishing I was hope and pondering the "meaning" of all this... PLEASE someone reasure me that I am a CLUTZ and that this is NOT an omen!!!!

acbbrown
on 7/16/13 10:53 am - Granada Hills, CA

Im assuming you are pre-op?

The pre-op process - for most of us- has enough hoops, obstacles, challenges to drive us crazy. It's really just to test you and make sure you are ready for the really hard work post op....so this is all normal :)

By the way...im jealous you can even sit on on leg in a chair!!! No way I could do that!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Jennifer L.
on 7/16/13 10:54 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

I am SO sorry that happened... but... I couldnt help but chuckle. lol Mostly because it is something I would totally do!! I think its just because you're a clutz and not an omen 

In fact, it could be an omen towards the opposite... that this surgery will help prevent that occurrence in the future (my legs seem to fall asleep more now that I am heavier than when I was smaller... I look forward to being smaller again. lol)  So just look at it that way! haha I can SO see this happening to me. 

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

MuttLover
on 7/16/13 10:57 am
VSG on 11/14/12

Maybe it's an omen that you need to have surgery so you can cross your legs again!  

I am certainly not going to talk about anyone's klutzy moves, since I have some delightful moves myself. I also have a lovely aircast that I had to wear on my long-anticipated 30th wedding anniversary cruise in the Mediterranean!  

You are definitely with friends here!  

PS -- DO NOT FLY WEARING AN INFLATED AIR CAST! 

PPS -- Gotta go do my physical therapy exercises (from all my klutzy injuries)!  Come on over!  We'll have some protein shakes, Nexium for our reflux, and try not to hurt ourselves!  LOL!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

lucy2e
on 7/16/13 11:33 am - Laurel, MD

No ill omen - you are just a member of the klutz club.  If it makes you feel any better on July 3 I was walking to a place for lunch in DC and it had rained - walking over a street grate and my shoe turned into an ice skate... down I went in an oh so graceful manner (not).  Sat there for 30 seconds picking skin before attempting to stand while my coworker tried not to laugh at me and decided whether I was ok.  I still have a lovely bruise.  

Good luck with your sleep study - hope you get a little sleep!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Keith L.
on 7/16/13 11:41 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Untitled

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

hannahp
on 7/16/13 12:32 pm - MS

OH NO!!!!!!!!!

It's not an omen... keep on keepin on getting in all those appointments.

Can't wait for you to be on the losers bench with us!

Hannah, 25

VSG: July 3, 2013

"There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind." -C.S. Lewis

slimpickins5280
on 7/16/13 12:59 pm - CO

HAHAHA!!!  Oh ****! I'm sorry for laughing, but damn. I am the biggest ass clutz alive. Did the splits on a banana peel (yes, a ******g banana peel straight out of the cartoons) in high school. I was in the jock hall feeling pretty good about myself. I don't do the splits. Ever. Except that day. Ripped my skirt up to my hips on both sides.

Next time imagine yourself falling on a much smaller ass right in front of Colin Firth (yummy). He's wearing that jacket and those pants from Pride and Prejudice. He reaches down and pulls you off said ass. He doesn't groan under your weight. He lightly flips your legs up into his free arm and carries you to the ER.

That's what is cool about having this surgery. We still get to be dumb asses, but we get to feel good and weigh less doing it.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

Joy M.
on 7/16/13 2:20 pm
VSG on 08/06/13

I sometimes find if there is an omen it's when you are heading in the right direction trying to stop u from doing what you need to do or (me). So flip it off n say u can't defeat me. Good luck with ur upcoming surgery.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 161 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 433 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 456 views