Soooo Blahhh

Danigirl58
on 7/17/13 1:43 pm, edited 7/17/13 1:47 pm - Winnipeg, Canada
VSG on 06/19/13

Ok so I know that there have been tones of posts about protein shakes and such lately but I am going to add mine now. I am finally ranting about this.

I am sooooo tired of protein shakes blah gross ugggg I do miss chewing but I am getting over that (ok maybe that was a huge lie).I am so tired of my  protein shakes!!!! If I never see or taste another one again I will be very happy. I am still drinking the rather nasty drinks cause I know I have to in order to get my protein in but I think my taste buds are ready to revolt on me.I have tried mixing the protein with a bunch of different things and even my non flavored stuff and yeah I still want to vomit!!

When I get down south and am able to go shopping I am going to find a rather nice protein shake that my taste buds will now accept. 

Rant done now kiss

sorry if this is posted twice I was having issues with my tablet

Esquared
on 7/17/13 3:13 pm - CA
VSG on 06/06/13

Word. I am pretty much there at 6 weeks out - I am sure this is one of those post-op phases that will pass...

... I tell myself this each and every day.

**And by pass, I mean I will be able to feel okay about choking one or two of these back for the next five years, at some point.

"I am what I am not yet." - Maxine Greene

Esquared
on 7/17/13 3:13 pm - CA
VSG on 06/06/13

Word.

Esquared
on 7/17/13 3:14 pm - CA
VSG on 06/06/13
Keith L.
on 7/18/13 12:26 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

They key is to switch it up. Keep mixing different things. Find a powder you can live with or actually find 2 or 3 that you can live with and rotate throught them so you don't get sick of the same thing.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Danigirl58
on 7/18/13 2:16 am - Winnipeg, Canada
VSG on 06/19/13

Yeah I know I have to switch it up and find one that I can tolerate now. I actually brought three different protein powders up with me where I am working and it seems that yesterday was the last straw for me and I just can stand any of them. Where I am now you can not actually buy protein powder (except by mail and I will be home before it gets up here). Even the good sources of protein are very hard to get your hands on. I am still drinking them as I know I have to lol but I am now starting to gag on them which isn't a good sign. When I get home I plan on going and getting some different protein powder as I know that I will be on this stuff for a while to come.

bamaya
on 7/18/13 1:33 am - Nunica, MI

I am like that with greek yogurt now...just looking at the container makes me gag!  :)  

HW:232, SW:217, CW 190, SD: 5/14/13

Danigirl58
on 7/18/13 2:19 am - Winnipeg, Canada
VSG on 06/19/13

The smell is killing me .... the sight of the bottle makes me cringe lol

Esquared
on 7/18/13 3:26 am - CA
VSG on 06/06/13

My computer posted my flippant response about 1,000 times last night, but anyway - this morning I made a Syntrax shake with a small scoop of Click protein powder, some almond milk, and a few chia seeds. It's good - I think I hit a gross-out with some of my ready to drink regulars. I also have vanilla Syntrax which I am going to use tomorrow. I refuse to give in - it's too early.

Do you have the PB2 stuff? People seem to swear by using a tiny bit in their shakes. Do you use ice? Can you add a bit of fruit, or spinach? I am going to dig around here - someone posted a ton of shake recipes a while back. Maybe try searching for those, too.

Have fun playing with the pro-pro!

labmantis
on 7/18/13 1:21 pm - Arlington, TX
VSG on 07/24/13

Have you tried doctoring your protein shakes to suit your tastes?  I find most of them to be too sweet, but a tsp of unsweetened cocoa powder tends to cut that down.  I also have Unjury's Chicken soup as well as an unflavored powder for times when I want to choose the taste, sweet or savory.  Extracts and Mrs. Dash have also become friends, along with unsweetened Kool Aid.  Mixing a little into my shakes helps brake up the monotony and allows me to enjoy my shakes.

Mel

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 98 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 324 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 368 views