don't know if im eating enough

mickeymantle
on 10/2/13 3:40 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

my loss slowed down and im wondering if im eating to little , I called my surgeons office and they will not give a calorie amount to eat just says to eat 80 gm protein , I made an appointment with the nut on the day before thanksgiving

I eat 600-700 Cal 70-80 gm protein 30-40 gm carb ,im diabetic and my blood sugars have been great with only metiformin twice a day no insulin or byetta 

I do aqua aerobics for an hour 3 days a weeks and 1 hour of water walking 4 days a week

any suggestions

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Menchi
on 10/2/13 4:46 pm
VSG on 09/11/13

Funny I have been eating about the same amount and guilting myself that I am eating too much.  I do not have a NUT to help guide me, my surgery was in Mexico and It is hard to hear back plus I don't think she could help me.  Granted I am only 3 weeks and it may be too much.  

Nmmsg
on 10/2/13 10:12 pm
VSG on 07/09/13

Sounds fine to me.  Some people here up their calories abit to shake things up.  You can try that or just stay the course.  The weight will come off.  How about varying what you are eating?  Sometimes we just have to confuse the body. 

Learn from your family history and rewrite yours!

Kbutler79
on 10/2/13 10:30 pm
I eat about 700 calories a day. On days I work out I might eat more... Just seems I am a bit more hungry those days! I think you are right on track!
Keith L.
on 10/2/13 11:24 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

I think calorie wise you are fine. You don't say how much water you are getting. You should be upwards of 100 ounces or more. I don't see what your current weight is.  If you are type 2 diabetes I would talk to your doc about getting off the diabetes meds, they definitely slow weight loss and most doctors keep their patients on the meds longer than they need to be. If you have lost enough weight you should not need them any longer.

You could probably add 100 calories to your day and still lose quickly. If you do add those calories try to do it with healthy fats. The amount you are exercising your body needs the extra fat for fuel. Try to get those fats from almonds, avocado, olive oil, coconut oil, flax oil, salmon and other fish. 

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

pdtmd501
on 10/3/13 12:00 pm

I vary things periodically to keep my body guessing....try eating 90-100 grams of protein for a few days.  This will most like increase you calories a little too.  This has worked for me to end a stall.  I'll also pair upping protein with no work outs for 2-3 days which have helped me be successful.  It's weird...sometimes I think my body needs a rest or something.  You could cut down on the amount of time you walk instead of cutting it completely.  Just vary your routine a little. 

SURGERY WITH DR. PLEATMAN--05/30/13       

HW:303    SW: 299   GW:  180

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 81 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 296 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 345 views