Day 3 ughh

Endlesslywaiting
on 10/23/13 5:14 am
I had my sleeve on Monday and I just left the hospital today day three and I am so nauseous. I had some sips of ensure not anymore than 2 oz and sipping water but I am feeling gross. I know it will go away eventually but ughh I hate this feeling. My shoulders are so achy too. I haven't been able to pass gas yet so the stomach cramps are pretty frequent. Any ideas on what helps.. I have been walking slowly but still trying.
OregonGuy2012
on 10/23/13 5:40 am
VSG on 04/04/13

I used gas-x strips, but they only worked somewhat because most of the pressure comes from actual air that they fill your abdominal cavity with for the surgery.  They turn us into human balloons basically. Walking and time will help you to absorbed that air.  I also got some shoulder pain as the air found its way to other parts of my body.  You will most likely be uncomfortable for a few more days but it will pass.

emelar
on 10/23/13 5:41 am - TX

Walking is the last thing you want to do when you're nauseated, but it's what you need to do to get the gas moving out.  Walk and sip; walk and sip.  Worry about protein later, but keep yourself hydrated.  Try different temperatures for your liquids and see what sits best.  Then walk and sip some more!

MsVonne
on 10/23/13 6:05 am - MI
VSG on 08/28/13

I'm so sorry you are feeling so badly but it will pass.  If you can lay on your left side that will help the gas pass naturally and walking is your best friend right now.  Good luck to you and welcome to the loser's club.

LosingSarah
on 10/23/13 6:14 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

Sorry to hear about the nausea. I am a week out today and it is the first day that I can with certainty say that the pressure from the gas that they fill you up is gone. It gets better every day.

Hope you feel better soon!

tysmom01
on 10/23/13 7:13 am - MS
VSG on 08/12/13

So sorry you're feeling bad. I know that you don't feel like it but you need to walk as much as you can with plenty of rest in between. I used Simethicone chewable gas tablets. It will help with the gas once its moved from your belly and into your system. Walking is the only way to getting it moving. Also, I wouldn't worry about drinking anything bu****er and maybe try some broth. Protein is the least of your worries right now. Just focus on getting in your fluids to keep from getting dehydrated and that will help with the nausea too. My doctor gave me a script for Phenergan suppositories. Fortunately, I never had to use them. Then once your belly swelling starts to go down, you can focus on the shakes and getting in that type thing. My doctor had me on strict clear liquids for the first 10 days post op. Your belly is so swollen from the major surgery and you're so bloated that you can't do much more than that really. You will begin feeling better soon, just hang in there! 

Age: 34 ~ Height: 5'5 ~ HW: 287 (7/28/2013) ~ SW: 272 ~ GW: 150 ~ Goal weight met 8/9/2014  

Endlesslywaiting
on 10/23/13 9:43 am
Thank you to all of you. I will keep up the walking as much as I can! Sounds like the best way to go right now!!
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 56 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 56 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 227 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 303 views