WHAT IS UP WITH THIS FORUM?

edelu
on 11/5/13 4:37 am - los angeles, CA

Moderators are deciding what we can talk about? No discourse on these boards whatsoever?  What exactly is the point?

I just responded to a post of Keith's (first time ever) his "You have to take the good with the bad" only to find when i was done that the entire thread had been deleted.  

Nothing i read in that thread violated the rules of use..  So what is the new brush sweeping away exactly?  Incredibly frustrating and in my opinion damaging to this site and community.

Keith L.
on 11/5/13 4:40 am, edited 11/5/13 4:44 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Weird, I usually get notified before they kill one of my posts. They have a rule in the terms of service that says a post should be about weight loss or a topic specific to your WLS. That one was a bit off topic. I guess when you mention specific people in here they get a bit uncomfortable. If you want to talk about specific people you have to do it in the (forum which must not be named) forum.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Keith L.
on 11/5/13 4:40 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

It might also mean that someone reported it for one reason or another and if enough people do that they will remove it. 

Nikke2003
on 11/5/13 4:41 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

I believe it is against the TOS to mention the "unmentionable" forum lol. I'm guessing that is the cause of it being removed?

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Keith L.
on 11/5/13 4:44 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Bingo! Just got the email. So they create a forum where people can go and bash the living hell out of you but you are not allowed to talk about it even though it turns up on the trending posts on the home page with your name plastered all over it. Its a good policy.

cmgrayson
on 11/5/13 4:46 am
VSG on 06/25/13
Exactly. Please stop it from trending....

edelu
on 11/5/13 4:45 am - los angeles, CA

"So eat your two ounces with a smile", is what we're stuck with.  I have certainly seen uncivilized threads and this was NOT one of them.  we have OT threads all the rime.  We are after all a community.  Very disappointed with whatever this new regime is doing.  

cmgrayson
on 11/5/13 4:45 am
VSG on 06/25/13
I knew it was a matter of time before it was removed.....

chris_ruff
on 11/5/13 5:04 am
RNY on 04/07/09 with

i've been on these boards a number of years and my experience has been that the mods are careful to keep it rainbows and unicorns on most forums. they want to keep people happy so they stay and keep OH making money. just business as usual. 

--Christina
Keith L.
on 11/5/13 6:32 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Be careful Christina there are those on the forum which must not be named that severely frown on posting in forums that don't have your surgery initials next to your name. Don't worry they won't see this because most of them have me blocked so your secret is safe with me.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views