4 lbs to goal weight (photos)

Ihearttennis
on 2/23/14 8:47 am - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

Its been 10 months since I started this journey at 225lbs.  I wanted to wait until I reached my goal of 125 lbs to post before and after pictures but the last four pounds are stubborn.  Plus, I just got a new haircut so I figured I'd share a little early.  I started off not telling anyone about my surgery, but in the end I found it was best for me to be open about it.  I have received nothing but love and support from those around me.  Now, I still won't tell anyone how much I've lost (except you guys) but I'm happy to tell anyone how much I weigh.  I couldn't have gotten this far without Obesity Help and this forum.  I know I shouldn't admit this, but I actually followed the advice of the vets on these boards over that of my surgeon.  He was more liberal with the calories and carbs, and required less daily protein than was suggested here.  My thought from the beginning was that if I wanted the same results as the vets then I needed to do what they did.  Thank you Elina, Frisco and Karik, to name a few, that come to the boards day after day to help the newbies and to answer the same old questions over and over again.  You have all inspired me, even the relative newbies like Keith and Nikke, along with so many others, that provide insight to what they've learned and are willing to share what they know.   Even though I don't post often, and just figured out  tonight how to post a photo, I come to this site daily and learn a lot from not only the achievements but from people sharing their struggles.    It's certainly not an easy journey but I am so grateful to be on it. 

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

LosingSarah
on 2/23/14 8:57 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

Great job!! You look like a different person.

Ihearttennis
on 2/23/14 9:41 am - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

Thank you.  I've actually had people not recognize me. One lady I worked with for 12 years walked right past me.  It's kinda fun when I know someone is looking at me and trying to figure out how they know me. 

Annievvho
on 2/23/14 9:01 am - Roanoke, VA
VSG on 11/29/13

Congratulations on being less than 5 lbs to your goal! You look fabulous!

Ihearttennis
on 2/23/14 9:43 am - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

Thanks.  The last few seem the hardest. 

Bearz
on 2/23/14 9:05 am

Wow, you look grate.

Ihearttennis
on 2/23/14 9:44 am - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

Awwe, thanks, Bearz! 

sleevemama
on 2/23/14 9:18 am
VSG on 04/30/13

Love the haircut. You look beautiful congratulations on the hard work and great weight loss.

HW:266 SW:229 GW:140 CW:140  Maintenance 11/6/13

Ihearttennis
on 2/23/14 10:05 am - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

Thanks. I decided that my treat when I reached goal was to go to this hairstylist that is pretty pricy and tell her to just surprise me. She books up early so I made the appt six weeks in advance thinking I would have reached my goal by then. Well, I certainly wasn't going to cancel the appt because of four stinkin pounds. I had no idea what she was going to do, but I do like it. It's a little short for me but I'm sure I'll get use to it. 

frisco
on 2/23/14 9:25 am

Sweet !!!!

Congrats !

You look great !

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle