3 weeks out and ticking along...

Scribbler
on 2/24/14 11:42 am

Down a few pounds here, and a few pounds there. I think the rate of WL has been really good. The restriction is really kicking in at this point, which is awesome!

Today was a first for me: Got ALL vitamins in, even the calcium, and regretted it. I have such a hard time with pills. My calcium pills are gigantic (Calcium Citrate with Mg and D which my surgeon recommended to me) and they get stuck. One lodged in my sleeve today, good and tight too, and sat there like a boulder for a good fifteen minutes. Hurt like the dickens. I jumped up and down and couldn't get it to move. I crushed the second one when it was time to take that. I think I'll crush the really big ones from now on.

Getting some dizziness/blackouts upon standing. Fell pretty hard once. Went to doc. Sugar is fine. BP is fine. May be momentary drops in BP? Switched from drinking tea to straigh****er, and lots of it. 100oz a day, no excuses. Seems to help a little bit, but I still get super lightheaded about an hour after taking one of my BP medications.

Eating is touch and go. Hubs is telling me please to measure out portions of food and get them in tomorrow, even if it takes me all day to graze them in. Am reluctant to start the grazing habit or eat junk food... I almost ate peanut butter one day!!! But I agreed to eat an egg tomorrow. A whole one. Might take two sittings.

Cooked a dinner! It was for hubs. Chicken coated in homemade low carb Italian crumb mix. He said it was great since I can't taste it. I packed some in his lunch kit for tomorrow, over a bed of greens, surrounded by salami and cheese that I cut into little hearts, because I'm a dork like that.

Hubs brought me a bunch of green apple Isopure begging me to please have a little bit tomorrow if I can. He knows I like that flavor. I think I can do some of it if I measure it out in 0.25 cup increments.

Crock potted some organic free range local chicken, very soft. Was afraid to eat it so I threw it in the freezer.

So yep! Doing great! No junk food/carb monster/binge issues yet, of course I'm still early out!

~~ VSG February 4, 2014 ~~ 30lb. lost since surgery ~~
~~ you will never regret not eating something ~~
~~if you're light enough, you just might be able to fly~~
~~nothing tastes as good as skinny feels~~
HW: 303 || SW: 255 || CW: 225 || GW: 120 || UGW: 105

jessies824
on 2/24/14 12:53 pm
VSG on 02/04/14

if i was you and had that issue with swallowing a pill which i wont know since per my dr i have to crush or have chewables until 8 weeks out i would just eat a tums 1000 mg of calcium in one 

Scribbler
on 2/24/14 1:21 pm

That wouldn't work...  Post op,  only calcium citrate is absorbed properly.  Tums is another kind of calcium which isn't absorbed. 

jessies824
on 2/24/14 1:33 pm
VSG on 02/04/14

hmm never heard that one before guess every office is different because mine is totally ok with me taking tums for my calcium and it calcium carbonate i work in a pharmacy and as far as i can recall the only difference is they do absorb slightly different usually has something to do with stomach acid they recommend citrate for people that have stomach issues with not producing enough acid 

Annievvho
on 2/24/14 2:51 pm - Roanoke, VA
VSG on 11/29/13

Post op, a large part of the stomach that produces acid has been removed and most of us are on PPIs or H2 blockers that keep our stomach acid levels low. We don't absorb calcium carbonate which is why most offices have us take calcium citrate. 

jessies824
on 2/24/14 2:55 pm
VSG on 02/04/14

hmm my office didnt seem to have a problem cause even on a ppi im still having heartburn issues might be why 

Judy700
on 2/24/14 1:40 pm
VSG on 03/11/14 with

I haven't had surgery yet so don't have a clue if it's possible, but I take chewable calcium.  I never could stomach the calcium pills and chewables don't bother me at all.  There are several brands of chewable calcium and my dietitian said she already checked and said mine was okay. I don't think we are allowed to name brands on here so private message me if you want more information.

Judy

PS-Several people here have mentioned Isopure.  What is that and where do you buy it?

VSG on March 11, 2014. 60 yo female from Washington, DC area. 

HW: 235  SW: 230  CW: 134.5 (3/23)    M1:-19    M2: -13   M3: -10.4    M4: - 8.2   M5: -6.4    M6: -5    M7: -7.4    M8: -4    M9: -8.6    M10: -5    M11: -3.6    M12:  -1.5 Goal reached 3/23/15 in 1 year + 12 days following surgery.  BMI from 42.1 to 23.9 

Annievvho
on 2/24/14 2:55 pm - Roanoke, VA
VSG on 11/29/13

Isopure is a brand of protein (see we name brands, no problem). It comes in lots of different ways, including fruity flavored "clear" ready to drink options. They are one of the best carb free options available, especially if you like fruity drinks.

Judy700
on 2/24/14 6:11 pm
VSG on 03/11/14 with
On February 24, 2014 at 10:55 PM Pacific Time, Annievvho wrote:

Isopure is a brand of protein (see we name brands, no problem). It comes in lots of different ways, including fruity flavored "clear" ready to drink options. They are one of the best carb free options available, especially if you like fruity drinks.

Where can I buy Isopure?

VSG on March 11, 2014. 60 yo female from Washington, DC area. 

HW: 235  SW: 230  CW: 134.5 (3/23)    M1:-19    M2: -13   M3: -10.4    M4: - 8.2   M5: -6.4    M6: -5    M7: -7.4    M8: -4    M9: -8.6    M10: -5    M11: -3.6    M12:  -1.5 Goal reached 3/23/15 in 1 year + 12 days following surgery.  BMI from 42.1 to 23.9 

Scribbler
on 2/24/14 10:24 pm

We get them at the vitamin shoppe. I'm a bit cautious drinking them since they're whey, but I can handle small amounts at a time without exploding.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 58 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 58 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 234 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 308 views