best and worst part?

kellyomama
on 3/2/14 1:19 pm

Oh wow! That would be awful!! I never even considered gaining weight on the liquid diet. That would be hell :(

pineview01
on 3/3/14 4:37 am - Davison, MI

Yeah, I even called, explain and asked if I should stop and go back to high protein, Low carb and they said no, just stick with it.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Stacy_WLS
on 3/2/14 5:57 am

Best parts: 

• The personal discovery this journey has given me.  I have been forced to face things that I used to cover up with food and can really feel a darkness lifting out of my life.
  • the ability to seemingly take control over the food in my life (I'm only 3 months out but so far so good)
  • weight loss!
  • the strength I am gaining

worst parts:

• Pre-op Liquid diet (I was not super successful on this and it really made me feel like a failure)
  • First few days after surgery.  These were much worse than I expected
  • the fear that I will stop losing or gain back my weight

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

kellyomama
on 3/2/14 6:57 am

Thank you for sharing. It sounds like those fears are normal and probably something I should prepare myself for..

TexasTerritory
on 3/2/14 6:21 am
VSG on 07/22/13
Recently, my best part has been my daughter's reaction to my weight loss. I loved the look on her face when I told her that we were wearing the same size in jeans. She wants me to stop losing now because she doesn't want me to weigh less than her. But I am not stopping until I lose these last 30 pounds. It has been priceless.

My pre-op, surgery, and post-op recovery time was completely awesome. So my worst memory is the clear liquid phase immediately after surgery. I was so happy to be able to consume regular liquids and soups.

Another bittersweet issue has been buying new jeans only to outgrow them in two weeks. I never thought I would be wearing size 4 jeans! Once I reach goal, I may have problems finding clothes small enough. A great problem to have!

kellyomama
on 3/2/14 7:01 am

Wow, so inspiring! Congrats on your success!

cappy11448
on 3/2/14 7:43 am

The best part is the weight loss and being healthier, looking normal, having more energy. 

the worst part is a three-way tie.  The pre-op liquid diet wasn't fun.  The first few months getting accustomed to my new tummy, and eating so little was not fun, either.  And the third is missing that satisfaction from eating until I'm really full. (Now I can eat until my tummy is full, but not until I feel satiated... if that makes sense.  I do miss that sense of well-being from having a nice full tummy.) 

None of it was horrible.  But it wasn't much fun, either.  But the good definitely unweighs the bad.  I love my sleeve.

best wishes,

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

kellyomama
on 3/2/14 7:56 am

Thank you Carol.  And yes it does make sense, I hadnt thought about it, but yes, you can be full, but not like Thanksgiving dinner fat and happy full. Woukd that be correct?

I am scared I will miss the ability to chug water. I love to guzzle water down and drink a ton, so I am worried that I am going to feel perpetually thirsty...

Jennifer E.
on 3/2/14 11:53 am

I have the same water fear!  I drink tons of water.  

Jennifer:  HW:  252     SW: 244.   CW:  168

Surgery Date:  3/17/14

themexcellentone
on 3/3/14 5:58 am
VSG on 07/08/13 with

You'll eventually be able to chug your water again.  It just takes time to get there.  I'm nearly 8 months out and have been able to guzzle water with no problems for about 3 months now.

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 239 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 309 views